“Great Customer Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Gregory Hotel

You added St. Gregory Hotel to your Saves list
St. Gregory Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2033 M Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #87 of 138 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Clifton, New Jersey
“Great Customer Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is not my first time at this hotel but this trip was just as great as the last few times. We arrived at 11am and our room was not ready. The bellhops were happy to hold all our luggage (and even let us go back 3-4 times when we kept forgetting stuff). Ate at the restaurant for dinner and breakfast the next day and both were great experiences.

The only reason I didn't give this trip 5 stars was because of our location. We had a room right next to the elevator. Normally that doesn't bother me but we had a 1 year old in the living room with us and a bachlorette party on our floor. They were very loud (as well as a few others groups coming upstairs) and we kept waking up from being so close.

Other than that had a great experience!

Room Tip: Just make sure to get something away from the elevators!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Cheryl C

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and 7 month old daughter stayed here during an overnight trip to Washington D.c. in May of 2014. We did not initially pick this hotel, we found a Groupon for it, so we did not know where we would be staying until we booked the hotel.

When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. The most difficult part was finding a place to park. There is street parking but it is very difficult, so we let the hotel valet park our car. The only part that I found a bit crazy was that even to park your car overnight was around pricey. So if you can find a parking spot, I would try that first. The lobby is absolutely beautiful and has a statue of Marilyn Monroe right as you walk in. You could it was more of where the trend setting couples stay as there were a lot of people at the bar.

Upon check in the hotel staff was very kind and very accommodating to us. We needed a pack and play for our little girl and one was delivered to our room almost immediately after check in. The bell hop took our bags to our room for us and was very nice as well. We only stayed for one night. The only down fall was that there really wasn't any type of breakfast offered without a hefty price tag(It was mother's day weekend and I believe they were all booked up anyhow) so we just went to the local CVS and got some pop parts.

The room was gorgeous! We had a great view. The beds were extremely comfortable. There was a kitchen so you were able to do pretty much whatever you wanted. If we are traveling to the area again we would most likely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Jennifer S
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I recently stayed at the St. Gregory for nearly four weeks. My original stay of a couple nights kept getting extended. The staff at the hotel were very accommodating. I live and work in DC. I know the hotels. I was impressed by the size of my room (a suite with living room, kitchen and bedroom) and the very competitive rates. The location is excellent: approximately 3 blocks to the subway and Dupont Circle and 6 blocks to Georgetown. I travel the world and stay in 5 star hotels as a rule. But if I were visiting DC for any duration or on a budget, I would return to the St. Gregory in a heart beat. I could tell from the way everyone treated me that the hotel staff knows the value of teamwork and they each take pride in their work. These are essential ingredients for success in the hotel business.

Room Tip: High floors are preferred.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ken R
Bronx ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Located a five minute walk from the monument mall in a very nice neighborhood. Staff very friendly and knowledgeable of the area. Rates were very reasonable. Fully furnished rooms, very modern decor. I think I was outclassed with my cooler full of beer and champion basketball shorts.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Kevin M
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

St. Gregory Hotel & Suites was the best decision I could have made for me and my mother's stay in DC. Right in the middle of everything but removed enough from everything for relaxing nights was amazing! We enjoyed our suite that one day we cancelled our plans and stayed in the suite playing games ect. The staff is INCREDIBLY accommodating and reassuring as well as honest good people. They could have allowed us to stay in their lot and pay an addition night of parking but they let us know that street parking was free that night to save us money!!! It's a little expensive but I think it was well worth every penny!! And my mom fully agrees!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
2 Thank DevonKey09
SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

The St. Gregory was listed as a nearby hotel for an appointment we had in DC. We had no idea what to expect. We were taking our chances and feel we hit the jackpot.

The staff was wonderful, the facilities clean and well-kept. It was so nice to stay at a "non-chain" hotel that exceeded expectations. We will definitely stay there again on our next trip to DC.

Room Tip: Due to street noise, the higher floors are probably better
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
2 Thank SC_Sam
Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights, and I found it very impressive.
The hotel was in a good location, quiet even though I faced the street and the staff very pleasant.
The bathroom was spotless and spacious and there was nothing in the room I felt was needed.
So why only 4 stars, well firstly it was the $12 per 24hr charge for internet access, 2 no ability to direct the airflow from the air conditioner and thirdly a right hand hinged refrigerator inside a left hand hinged cupboard.
No deal breakers here and a member of staff kindly explained that their fee for Internet was cheaper than other DC hotels, however I would ask, why are any charging extra?? Someone needs to be bold and step up and not charge, it really is unnecessary, first place I have stayed in the US for quite a while that charges.
I would recommend this hotel to other guests.

Room Tip: Higher the better
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends