“Clean and Nice, Not Luxury” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Gregory Hotel & Suites

You added St. Gregory Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
St. Gregory Hotel & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2033 M Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #77 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
“Clean and Nice, Not Luxury”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were under the impression that this was something of a luxury hotel. While it is nice and clean, it is not luxury. It is a standard hotel with super staff and comfortable rooms. We slept well. I would stay here again. It is in a good location, at a 5-10 minute walk to DuPont Circle's metro station but not in the middle of everything.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
w_cupido, Front Office Manager at St. Gregory Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
We would like to thank simmons0317 for their most recent comments. We sincerely apologize if you felt The St Gregory was not a luxury hotel. I wish we had the opportunity to make your stay more accommodating, but please allow us to make it up to you and regain your loyalty on your next stay. Feel free to contact me directly so we can discuss it in detail.

Wilver Cupido
Front Office Manager
202-530-3600

The Management and Staff of the St Gregory Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here over a weekend with my boyfriend for a wedding we were attending in the area and we were happy with the stay. It's a nice, clean hotel. It's not particularly modern or special but it definitely served it's purpose! Beds were also pretty comfy. It is a 5 minute walk from Dupont Circle as well as some restaurants and bars and a 5 minute walk from the Metro so we were able to get to Nationals Park easily for a game (in about 20min). The hotel itself seems to be in more of a business district but if you walk a couple of blocks, you're already out of it, and it's pretty quiet on the weekends since it's mostly corporate which is nice. Closeby to some lovely little neighborhood-y spots.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We are absolutely thrilled that you were happy with your stay during your weekend getaway. We hope Sarah C enjoyed the wedding and its festivities as well as all of our neighborhood-y spots. We are pleased to hear that The St Gregory served its purpose and for that we are grateful. Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and remember that you are always welcomed back anytime you are in our beautiful city.

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I spend 100+ nights per year in hotel rooms and I'm very familiar with DC accommodations. The St. Gregory was the best experience I've ever had at any DC hotel; and even a decnt value.

Location is ideal for all DC sightseeing. It's located between 2 metro stops and an easy walk to bars and restaurants.
Hotel is more traditional in design, furnishings and decor.
All public areas and bar/restaurant are beautifully maintained, functional and welcoming.
Doorman, front desk and bar staff I encountered were professional, friendly and knowledgeable of the local area.
My corner suite was comfortable, spacious, quite and very clean. Funishings are taistful and looked relatively new.
Hotel bar offers a great happy hour everyday. Food is reasonable and delicious.
My only requests would be better linens and pillows. Internet and pay per were alson very expensive.

Would totally recommend; property and staff compates favorably with more expensive hotels in DC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We are honored to hear that your accommodation at the St Gregory has been the best experience you ever had at any DC hotel. We aim to provide the utmost exceptional service for our guest and we are delighted that you had the opportunity to experience it firsthand. The professionalism and knowledge of our team has been a key factor to our success and we will continue to improve. Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments and we hope to see you soon in the near future.

Baltimore, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The parking was confusing and ended up being disastrous for me and my family. I pulled into the driveway and pressed the intercom. The valet parker came out. When I explained that we were checking in and would be paying for him to park the car, he nevertheless insisted that I back out of the driveway onto busy M Street and move the car in front of the hotel while I checked in. He then directed me out of the driveway and into traffic. In order to avoid being hit, I hit a parked van causing damage to both my car and the van. I checked in two minutes later (while exchanging insurance information with the van operator), and then the valet man backed my car up (again along busy M Street which runs one way in the opposite direction) and pulled back into the driveway he had forced me to move from. Fortunately, no one was injured. Unfortunately, I now have to pay for the damages to the vehicles plus an insurance surcharge. When I was later charged for the parking (at a higher rate than was initially quoted to me and more than surrounding lots), I called to complain. The manager told me, in so many words, that he did not believe me and that I should have filled out a hotel "Incident Report," something I had never heard of outside of police situations and something the front desk, which observed the accident, had not informed me about. Nevertheless, the manager offered to pay me $20 as a token of "good will." Overall, I would avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
w_cupido, Front Office Manager at St. Gregory Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
We thank Brian Z for his comments. However, the comments are without basis. Our bell staff never directed the guest into traffic. The guest pulled into the garage without registering his car in our valet only parking garage. He was waved over to the front door of the hotel and he never mentioned about any collision nor did he file a police report or notify the other car's owner. He called days later after checking out of the hotel. So we do not understand how this could have occurred without the proper procedures being followed by the guest which he confirmed he did not report. There are other garages in the area with lesser rates, but they do not operate 24 hours as a hotel garage does- and most close at 11PM and do not open on weekends which was the period of the individuals visit. In any case, Brain Z is welcome to contact the hotel and we would be pleased to make this up to him on a future visit.

The Management and Staff of the St. Gregory Hotel
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was at the St Gregory for my graduation weekend and I had a blast. They treated us like royalty and everyone addressed you by name (very rare). We were given a complimentary upgrade to a suite. My mother was so impressed she mentioned she will return for her anniversary. Way to go St Gregory! By the way, the brunch was excellent as well.

Room Tip: Just ask nicely!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We like to congratulate Miguel l for his determination and completing a great achievement. It was truly a pleasure interacting with you and your family during your stay. We hope that you enjoyed the special dinner our team prepared in the M St Bar and Grill in honor of your graduation. We will most definitely await the return of your mother for her anniversary and she will be nothing short of amazed. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and do come back soon.

Heidelberg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We booked the hotel at the last minute and randomly. The hotel is rated 3 1/2 stars which is fair enough given a few hotels I have stayed at in Europe with a 4-star rating. I would say we had a good deal since we had a reduced rate. Were the rate usual, I would be indifferent. (I actually booked a different totel for DC but since we had a change of sked had to cancel the booking.)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
w_cupido, Front Office Manager at St. Gregory Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
We like to thank P C for expressing their thoughts about the St Gregory. We are thrilled that through your last minute booking you were able to receive “value for your money”. Please do come back soon.

The Management and Staff of The St Gregory Hotel
Mattapoisett, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is our third stay in four months at the St Gregory Hotel and Suites.. We love our stays there, The staff goes out of their way to help. The Suites are clean, and very functional. The location is great. The brunch is awesome. Our stays are usually one or two nights only, but we have not been disappointed yet.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
w_cupido, Front Office Manager at St. Gregory Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Third time’s the charm!!! Always a pleasure having Maureen B stay with us 3 times in the last 4 months. We would like to continue the streak and always strive to make sure that they are never disappointed when staying at The St Gregory Hotel. Thank you for your comments.

The Management and Staff of The St Gregory Hotel

Been to St. Gregory Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!