“St. Gregory Hotel near Dupont Circle” 4 of 5 stars
Review of St. Gregory Hotel & Suites

You added St. Gregory Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
St. Gregory Hotel & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2033 M Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)   |
Ranked #78 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Massachusetts
“St. Gregory Hotel near Dupont Circle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Excellent location for Site Seeing in Washington DC and a great value for a weekend stay. Room was clean and comfortable, especially after a long day of walking tours. If you don't mind seeing the city on foot, it's walking distance to the White House, Monuments, and Georgetown. Only downside to the hotel was we could hear quite a bit of activity in the room next to us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Turkish first
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

the hotel was very comfortable. I had a great deal online for the weekend. the room was very tidy and clean, this is definitely a boutique hotel. there is a statue of Marilyn Monroe in the lobby, which is so outstanding and beautiful. customer service is very very good. everyone was so eager to assist me. before my stay I read some bad comments on line. they are not true. on the overall I enjoyed my stay. and will definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2013
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The place was outstanding. very comfortable setting. our room was spotless and bathroom was goregous. This was a great hotel for a low price considering it was in DC. We expected to brake the bank.Staff was great and the restaurant next door was awesome. The bathtub a nice as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed in the "Junior Suite" with our two kids, 11 and 13. It was affordable for the area--had two double beds and a fold out couch, as well as a kitchenette. I was a little nervous about the quality because the price for the room was so affordable, but I was pleasantly surprised. Room was clean and well kept. There was a small amount of wear and tear, but overall exceeded my expectations. It is located just around the corner from a metro stop and lots on nearby restaurants and shops. The staff was nice and helpful. We drove to DC and the hotel has parking ($35 a night).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I looked for a hotel online for several days because we have never been to Washington D.C. and we do not like bad surprises. The price for a suite in downtown DC was a great bargain. The Hotel was beautiful and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful to us. They also offer off street parking. There is a nice lounge and restaurant right in the lobby. If a great location and real value in a downtown DC hotel is what you are looking for, then this is the hotel for you. Great Place!

Room Tip: We were a little close to the street on the 3rd floor. Nothing bad, but next time I will try to get...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed at the St Gregory for 2 nights over Presidents’ Day weekend. We booked the room with a great AAA rate that included wifi and valet parking. The hotel itself was very nice and very clean. Our room was a decent size (2 double beds) with a flatscreen TV, desk, mini-fridge, lounge chair, closet and large bathroom with a bathtub. I thought all of the fixtures looked relatively new and the beds were comfortable. Our room was on the 4th floor. I did hear some garbage trucks or construction vehicles beeping one morning outside but it wasn’t anything I wouldn’t expect staying downtown in a city. There was a decent amount of construction going on in the neighborhood. I didn’t go to the restaurant or bar but they looked popular and trendy. The wifi seemed a little spotty, so I didn’t use it much and was happy it was free with our room rate.

Everyone at the front desk and valet was very nice and accommodating. Cabs were plentiful in the area, and it was about a 15 minute walk or $8 cab ride (including tip) to the White House which was the closest tourist attraction. Dupont Circle metro stop was about a 5 minute walk. We found it very easy and quick to take the Circulator bus ($1 per person and accepts bills) over to Georgetown for bars and restaurants. Most of the stores in the immediate vicinity to the hotel closed early or were just closed on the weekend entirely. There was a CVS pharmacy very close to the hotel as well as several coffee shops (we enjoyed DC Bread and Brew). We had a nice quick meal at Meiwah just around the corner from the hotel and they were open late, even on Sunday. I would also recommend the Irish Whiskey Public House for a drink in the area.

I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I chose this hotel on Hotels.com because of the price and the location. I should have known that you get what you pay for. My room was freezing cold despite the fact that it's February. I had to have the front desk come up to turn up the heat because the heater was incomprehensible. Also there were no bathtubs in any of the rooms. I prefer to take baths instead of showers and I was quite disappointed to find that not only was there no bathtub but the shower was basically a shower head and the water ended up all over the floor of the bathroom. The location is great but this is definitely not a four star hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to St. Gregory Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!