“St Gregory Hotel in DC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of St. Gregory Hotel & Suites

You added St. Gregory Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
St. Gregory Hotel & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2033 M Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20036 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #78 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“St Gregory Hotel in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The place was outstanding. very comfortable setting. our room was spotless and bathroom was goregous. This was a great hotel for a low price considering it was in DC. We expected to brake the bank.Staff was great and the restaurant next door was awesome. The bathtub a nice as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Turkish first
Cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed in the "Junior Suite" with our two kids, 11 and 13. It was affordable for the area--had two double beds and a fold out couch, as well as a kitchenette. I was a little nervous about the quality because the price for the room was so affordable, but I was pleasantly surprised. Room was clean and well kept. There was a small amount of wear and tear, but overall exceeded my expectations. It is located just around the corner from a metro stop and lots on nearby restaurants and shops. The staff was nice and helpful. We drove to DC and the hotel has parking ($35 a night).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I looked for a hotel online for several days because we have never been to Washington D.C. and we do not like bad surprises. The price for a suite in downtown DC was a great bargain. The Hotel was beautiful and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful to us. They also offer off street parking. There is a nice lounge and restaurant right in the lobby. If a great location and real value in a downtown DC hotel is what you are looking for, then this is the hotel for you. Great Place!

Room Tip: We were a little close to the street on the 3rd floor. Nothing bad, but next time I will try to get...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed at the St Gregory for 2 nights over Presidents’ Day weekend. We booked the room with a great AAA rate that included wifi and valet parking. The hotel itself was very nice and very clean. Our room was a decent size (2 double beds) with a flatscreen TV, desk, mini-fridge, lounge chair, closet and large bathroom with a bathtub. I thought all of the fixtures looked relatively new and the beds were comfortable. Our room was on the 4th floor. I did hear some garbage trucks or construction vehicles beeping one morning outside but it wasn’t anything I wouldn’t expect staying downtown in a city. There was a decent amount of construction going on in the neighborhood. I didn’t go to the restaurant or bar but they looked popular and trendy. The wifi seemed a little spotty, so I didn’t use it much and was happy it was free with our room rate.

Everyone at the front desk and valet was very nice and accommodating. Cabs were plentiful in the area, and it was about a 15 minute walk or $8 cab ride (including tip) to the White House which was the closest tourist attraction. Dupont Circle metro stop was about a 5 minute walk. We found it very easy and quick to take the Circulator bus ($1 per person and accepts bills) over to Georgetown for bars and restaurants. Most of the stores in the immediate vicinity to the hotel closed early or were just closed on the weekend entirely. There was a CVS pharmacy very close to the hotel as well as several coffee shops (we enjoyed DC Bread and Brew). We had a nice quick meal at Meiwah just around the corner from the hotel and they were open late, even on Sunday. I would also recommend the Irish Whiskey Public House for a drink in the area.

I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I chose this hotel on Hotels.com because of the price and the location. I should have known that you get what you pay for. My room was freezing cold despite the fact that it's February. I had to have the front desk come up to turn up the heat because the heater was incomprehensible. Also there were no bathtubs in any of the rooms. I prefer to take baths instead of showers and I was quite disappointed to find that not only was there no bathtub but the shower was basically a shower head and the water ended up all over the floor of the bathroom. The location is great but this is definitely not a four star hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Woodland, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the St Gregory for meetings in DC and was surprised that my room had a full kitchen with full sized stove, microwave and refrigerator. This was good because I arrived after midnight, which is only 9 PM west coast it e, and the restaurant closed at 10:30. I had packed a bag of microwave popcorn and was able to eat that for dinner.

The room amenities were otherwise standard. There was shampoo and conditioner but no lotion in the bathroom. The soaps smelled so good with orange extracts. However, the hairdryer was a wall mounted small version that sucked in my hair.

The blinds were ample to keep mot of the light out, but the housekeeper start early and after a late arrival, I had to hear them banging around outside my door the view is of the common area of a nearby condo with brick walls. There is an in room safe in the closet, but no mini bar. The closet doors are mirror and the TV is in the middle panel, which makes it hard to see. I also heard a lot of trash pickup noise on Wednesday morning around 7 am.

Within a few blocks, there is a CVS, 7-11 and several small restaurants to choose from.

The fitness room is small, and it has a TV and two treadmills plus some other equipment. I filled my water bottle up there since there is none in the room. I can see how it would fill up quick during peak hours. The wireless Internet was decent. The beds were comfortable. There was a parents sound system in the room that I unplugged to charge my other devices, but it looked nice.

The staff are friendly and helpful.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Wanted to spend New Years in Washington and Booked the 3 night special at the Gregory. Location is excellent withing in a walking distance of most attraction and not more then a short cab ride to the rest.

Front desk staff was friendly enough but when we needed toothpaste I called down to request a complimentary tube and was told that "Yes the hotel provides this but that i had to front desk to bet it". This might be expected at Motel 6 but the Gregory is passing itself off as 4 stars.

We came late and didn't want fight last minute crowds on New Years Eve so opted to eat at the hotel. I was given a slew of food coupons for the hotel restaurant and one was 25% off for diner on 12/31 (see pic). However the when i mention the coupon to my waiter the manager was called over. He told me "Coupons where for breakfast only" I showed him it CLEARLY stated "25% off dinner on 12/31". I was told it didn't apply to the New years prefix. No problem I replied we'll order off the regular menu. I was then told only the prefix dinner menu was available so there ya go (The management would rather have the negative review then to eat 25.00 bucks (Which was there OWN error). Whatever!!!)". The meal was of good quality but portions small esp. for the price. We did eat there again for lunch on our last day and were pleased with both price and quality of that meal.

I opted for the junior sweet which has the kitchenette. (no grocer within walking of distance of the hotel that I could find so did not get any use of it). The room was not "bad" but again fell short of 4 stars. Carpeting is obviously very old as it is stained (many places) and wall paper was peeling in some places. The bed was "OK" as the lining too just not 4 stars. The TV in the living room is placed over the desk so that if you wanted to do business at the desk you guest could not watch the TV. The TV in the living area needs to be larger as well. The three biggest downfalls were 1. the walls are paper thin & bedrooms are back to back so as you guess we clearly heard are neighbors "ushering in" the new year with moans, groans and verbal requests from one to the other. 2. No heating unit in the living area. When the bedroom door is closed it was uncomfortably cold. I was forced to use the stove as a heat source. 3. the in room dining menu is VERY limited.

All considered "Price and location" are the selling points of the Gregory. If you are wanting/expecting something more look else where.

Room Tip: Request a room not facing the street. The noise can be awful at times due to cheap windows. have low...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to St. Gregory Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!