“Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown

You added Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   815 14th St., NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Deal
Ranked #30 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel was most helpful in changing our reservation to add an extra night to our original reservation and making sure that we did not have to change rooms. The front desk personal where most helpful in advising near by restaurants as well as informing me where my business meetings were going to be held and what time they are scheduled.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Atlanta GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Weekend stay for viewing PICTURING MARY IN ART at the Natl Museum of Women in the Arts which is a block away. Located just across the street from the Macpherson Square metro stop. Easy metro trip from Reagan airport. Nice hotel with friendly service and comfortable room. Restaurant serves breakfast and dinner with variety of choices.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
HGIDC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear PSAtlanta,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. Our location makes sight seeing and traveling around the city simple and stress free. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

It is great to be back to Hilton Garden Inn in DC. The manager, George, is wonderful. His team is superb and I feel like I am coming home every time. It is great to go to breakfast and hear Genaro. The attendants at the desk are great and so helpful, Yessica made a miracle in working our bill in no time. I strongly recommend it if you want to spend some great time in DC.

Dear Rita M,

Thank you for your response. Out team works tirelessly to make all of our guests feel right at home. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit DC.
Seattle, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I'm very loyal to the Hilton brand because I've always had pretty good experiences minus a couple problems here and there, but this was easily the worst experience ever. Maybe I got my hopes up thinking my favorite chain in our nation's capital would be the best. Our first room was horrible (loud housekeeping, horrible view, small room, heating/cooling system blew out cold air only). When we moved to a new room, I left a work binder in the room which I immediately tried getting back to no success. After leaving a message with housekeeping and calling back again in the morning when they failed to contact me I was told a housekeeper threw out all my paperwork and kept the binder (please make sense of that to me). To top it off we had the rudest, laziest server the next morning for breakfast. The only bright spot during this stay was Gennaro in the restaurant staff. He's very polite and professional and was very accommodating when my wife and I tried to order room service for dinner, but they had ran out of our meal choices. The reason I rate this as the worst stay ever is that hotel failed to apologize for their shortcomings or even compensate for them. My wife and I were trying to enjoy our anniversary and Valentine's day, but instead we were just dealing with one problem after the next.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIDC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Wesley R,

I am very sorry you had this experience in my hotel.

I am usually in a position where I can explain many issues. Sometimes things happen or simple miscommunication. Your experience is rare in our hotel but it should never happen. Things started going wrong and we had no response. My response needs to be better.

We have corresponded privately and hope the remedy at least illustrates our commitment to you.

Thank you for reminding me and the team that we can't take anything for granted.
Houma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Hotel is close to attractions, restaurants, and Metro! Staff was courteous and helpful. Coffee and cookies were a nice touch as was the fireplace in a lobby. We enjoyed the stay and found the desk staff and concierge extremely helpful.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIDC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Ann R,

Thank you for the review. Our location cannot be beat when it comes to seeing the sights and tasting the cuisine that DC has to offer. During the cold winter months, our fire place and complimentary coffee and hot chocolate are a smashing hit with our clients. Please visit us again when you travel to DC.
Stephenson, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed 3 nights for a volleyball tournament over Presidents weekend. Room comfortable and clean. In room Keurig (ALRIGHT!), fridge and microwave. Got back late one night with no dinner and they had a great selection of food at their Pantry which was a life saver! Excellent and courteous service! In house restaurant was delish!

Room Tip: Take a room off the back wing to avoid street noise. Sirens can't be avoided no matter where yo...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Dear Karen B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are happy that you had a splendid time at the volleyball tournament. We do supply our rooms and pantry with amenities that make a multiple day trip convenient and relaxing. We hope we can welcome you back to DC the next time you decide to stay in the Nations Capitol.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The bedrooms were very comfortable and as I had a high up room it was relatively quiet. Having said that I did not have the windows open and there was not much traffic around on the street the first night of my stay due to the freezing conditions. The location of the Hotel for downtown business and sightseeing was perfect and there is a Metro Station directly opposite, making getting away to farther destinations very easy.
Staff are warm and welcoming, but the public areas, restaurant and bar are pretty cold, functional and unwelcoming. Made worse by the extreme weather conditions - whenever the front door opened the icy blast filled the whole lobby and bar area, despite and open fire trying to keep things warm!!

Room Tip: As always in any city hotel, take a higher room (to minimise traffic noise), away from the elevators...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown? Share your experiences!