“Very nice visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   815 14th St., NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed N Breakfast Deal
Ranked #24 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
cape coral florida
“Very nice visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Actually, my wife and I just today flew back home to Florida from DC. We cannot say enough about the Hilton Garden Inn, not because it is a 4 or 5 star hotel, but because of the way a 3 star hotel does it's business. First of all, even though this Hotel is 'downtown' as they say, my wife and I had 10-12 minute walks to the Whitehouse, the Corcoran Gallery, the Metro Center and Ford's Theater. For all the other travel needs there is the McPherson Square Metro line ( orange/blue ) directly across the street from the hotel. I cannot tell you how happy we were each evening to finish our day's walking and sightseeing literally outside our front door. To Kennedy Center it was a one metro stop travel and then the free Kennedy Center Bus to the venue. The metro will take you all over DC. I suppose what I am trying to say is that you cannot overestimate the value of a metro's location to your hotel. The hotel and our room were clean--very, very clean. Housekeeping does what they are supposed to do and they do it well. The front desk check-in was quick, efficient, friendly. Our room with a king bed was nice..nothing fancy but something we had no problem returning to for four evenings. The breakfasts, if you choose, had eggs cooked to order and the usual fruits, oatmeal, sausage, bacon hash, potatoes, juices...almost everything one could want except I do not remember any cheese. ( we survived ). There is a small bar area for evening drinks but not fancy...it had a large screen t.v. for hockey and basketball games so I was happy. The small fridge and microwave in the unit were nice, too.Requiring your room card to be swiped in the elevator before it moved is a good security factor. Now, although having nothing to do with the hotel, the fact that a Pret A Manger restaurant/ sandwich store was at the corner made this place special for my wife since she loves their soups, sandwiches and, oh yes, the expresso coffee at the end of the day. Not fancy but their sandwiches are fresh and soup choices interesting. On weekends, such as Saturday and Sunday the area is quiet ( the Pret is closed ) since the normal workers are at their homes. This was not a problem for us. By the way, coming in from Reagan Airport we took the metro BLUE line directly to the hotel stop and used the metro card we had purchased before we left ( the 30.00 card ). We have been to D.C. before ( and enjoyed a different hotel and DuPont Circle area ) but our return next time will be this Hilton. Hopes this helps.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
United States and Brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel two weeks ago. Rather than rent a car or take a taxi to the hotel, I decided to take the Metro from the DCA airport. The Metro ride was swift and getting to the hotel was convenient in that as I left the Metro exit door, immediately across the street is the hotel.

The service is not so good compared to other Hiltons.

I had a problem with the air conditioner in the room as it would not turn off despite repeated attempts to shut it down. The cold air and loud roar from the air conditioner was aggravating. Finally, after two visits to the room, the maintenance department got it to turn off.

There are some major attractions in the area, however, only one block from the hotel is McPherson Square which is inhabited mainly by hobos. This gives an uncomfortable feeling if walking past that area. Considering the above issues, I will probably choose a different hotel for my next stay in DC.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
patterson, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

my stay at the Hilton has always being good. The staff and well as the accomodations are excellent. The staff is very friendly and always looking to help you in any way making you feel alwasy welcome!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

The comments about the Hilton Garden Inn, Downtown are accurate. It is a nice, comfortable hotel located in the midst of many sights. Easy walking distance to the White House, the Mall and several excellent restaurants. Michael at the front desk was very helpful and accommodating. A very nice start to our stay. We had a ton of questions regarding sights, restaurants and side trips and Mario, the valet manager, was terrific. He gave us as much time as we needed, was very informed and pleasant. He made reservations, gave us suggestions regarding side trips, and he really went out of his way to help make our stay delightful and fun. We suspect that he stayed past his shift to help us out. The Hilton Garden Inn seems to be one of more reasonably priced hotels in the area and you get a lot of value for the cost.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The key selling point for this hotel is its in the heart of the city. I went here with my parents over the weekend - all of DC can be mostly covered easily from here. That is all that mattered to me. Everything else was good. We had to pay for parking which was expensive and the only negative.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
toledo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

great for business travel to DC. Very central location, walkable to most DC attractions. Appreciate how clean the rooms are, also the staff was great at answering questions about the area. Staff knew me by name when I stopped at the front desk.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Greenfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and i stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown in DC in April of 2013. This is a great hotel that is strategically located very close to the White House and most of the DC sites. We pretty much walked everywhere. You can be standing in front of the White House in about 15 minutes by foot. Reagan International is only a few miles from this hotel, so the cab ride is quick and inexpensive when you are flying in and out. The breakfast buffet was extremely convenient and a great deal. Loved the made to order omlets. Fresh fruit, hot and cold cereals, pastries, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, bagels, coffee, juices, etc. We never had to wait for a table and always left full and ready to face a day of sightseeing.

The rooms were cozy and the beds oh so comfy. I slept like a baby. The furnishings in the room are trendy and look like new. I would suggest that you select a room that does not face 14th Street. It can be quite noisy at night. We could hear sirens and traffic noise. No worries for us because we sleep soundly, but if noise is an issue for you, select an upper floor away from the street. We were traveling with a group of friends and they were equally happy with these accommodations. If I come back to DC, I will definitely book again here. Every afternoon they have a big platter of freshly baked cookies. That was a nice touch. The concierge and front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown? Share your experiences!