“Convenient business hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   815 14th St., NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed N Breakfast Deal
Ranked #22 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
Chicago, Illinois
“Convenient business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the years when I have been in Washington and have always been pleased. While not a "top end" hotel, it has always been very comfortable for a business trip. The service is great and, while the rates are somewhat expensive during the work week (as are most hotels in Washington), the location is quite convenient to most of central DC. The rooms are clean, but a bit small (as are most hotel rooms in downtown DC). While many hotels in DC are quite dated and, sometimes a bit "worn", the furnishings of my room has been updated and well maintained. While I didn't eat at the hotel this time, I have had very satisfactory breakfasts here during past stays.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
ATL, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

While visiting family in the DC area for the Christmas holiday, my husband and I decided to take our son on a White House tour. Be cautious, I didn't want us to miss our early 8:15am tour appointment so we decided to stay overnight downtown. Check-in staff were very courteous and the room was nice. We were sleeping quite nicely until 3am when our neighbors next door stumbled in from a night on the town. It sounded like 5 or 6 young ladies cackling and laughing VERY loudly. My husband immediately banged on the wall and that didn't seem to help so he called the front desk. They sent staff up and we heard them when they knocked on the door next to ours. We could hear the girls when they answered their door and the level of their voices went down a little bit. After an hour of still hearing them speak, we eventually fell back to sleep. We did find a quick bite to eat for breakfast next door and would most likely stay in the hotel again if we visit tourist attractions downtown.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was in Washington on business - usually a VERY expensive city for hotels, this hotel offered a very nicely decorated room, comfy bed and great location. cons - no bathrobes (a must for me), room was freezing and i couldn't adjust the room temp 1311, workout room is small (i use weights and rope, not machines) so i had to work out in the hallway. definitely stay there again. go to the Hamilton for fab meal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is my favorite place to stay in DC. The location is terrific, the staff is friend and it is perfect for traveling with kids. Great easy breakfast, snacks in the afternoon. Pool. Walking distance to everything.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The hotel was just what you would expect from a Hilton Garden Inn, so with that said, rooms were very clean and comfortable. I actually had a great night sleep every night (which I never do at hotels). Okay, so what really impressed me was the staff. Every single staff member I met (or even glanced their way) was smiling and friendly. Marcus checked us in. He was so hospitable, asking us if we had any questions, and even upgraded our room for free. The porter/valet (which we didn't use) smiled everytime we passed by and would tip their hats as we would come and go! How charming! The housekeeping staff smiled and were friendly everytime we passed and wished us a great day (and cleaned our room awesomely). I felt very safe and I felt the staff really cared that we were comfortable and enjoyed our stay. It is walking distance to the White House (a couple blocks away), right across the street from the metro McPherson Station (which was a breeze to use from the Ronald Reagan Airport), this is important because you can get anywhere quickly by just going across the street and getting on the metro. The airport website gave great directions on getting to the hotel from the airport on the metro. If we visit DC again, I would stay here. I would also recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Can't beat the location, just a few blocks from the White House. We're young and adventurous, so we didn't find the walk to the Mall and main attractions to be too bad, but if you're not much of a walker you'll want to look into a cab maybe.

No complaints about the room, had everything we needed for a good night's rest after a long day of sightseeing.

The only thing that was a bit of a turnoff was the snooty guy who greeted us at the check in desk. One would assume that making an online "advance purchase" room through the website and submitting a credit card to be authorized with no chance of refund would mean you paid for the room before even arriving. So when I said "oh I thought it was pre-paid for already" when he asked for my card, instead of just politely explaining that nothing had been charged yet he just looked at me like I was an idiot for not knowing that already. I don't count that against the hotel though, because I think it was just more of a personality thing exclusive to that snooty douche than a reflection of the whole staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great hotel, lovely spacious rooms. The hotel is in a great location within walking distance to shops and restaurants. Their is a subway station right across the street. Tourist attractions are easily accessed by foot or by public transport. I found the staff to be very helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown? Share your experiences!