“Great location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown

You added Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   815 14th St., NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast Deal
Ranked #34 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Rhode Island
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We spent two days at HGI on 14th & were satisfied overall. The location is great, but the rooms are a bit small, the housekeeping could have been better & the card key required to use the elevator wasn't very convenient. We asked for a high room on the back side as recommended based upon reviews & didn't have any problems with noise. Would stay again if the price is right.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Nice hotel, clean rooms, great location. The concierge and staff were quick on the bags and attentive with guiding to good restaurants. Nothing out of place, all as it should be. A nice experience and worth the reservation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Spent two days in DC on business and I am so happy that I chose the Hilton Garden Inn on 14th. I plan to stay there as many times as I possibly can while traveling to the District. The weather was snowy and windy when I arrived but I was greeted by Mark who took care of all my luggage and parking my vehicle. He has such a pleasant personality, is so accommodating, helpful and funny! I asked only for his service while I was there. I met Joel and Mark at the front desk. These gentlemen were like a tag team of charm, wit and knowledge. Joel assured me that it was okay that the front desk was practically taller than I (and, later, recommended a good liquor store within a 5-minute sprint) and Deangelo wowed me with his culinary lexicon and restaurant recommendations.

The hotel room was delightfully clean and the location was so convenient...close to everything! The only complaint I have is the lack of surface parking and the high price to valet. But, it IS the capital city so that is to be expected.

I LOVED my stay there and hope the next time I return my new friends will be there to take care of me.

Well done, Hilton Garden Inn. Well done, indeed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We chose this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Located downtown, reasonably close to Union Station and definitely within walking distance to the White House and Smithsonian. The hotel desk staff was pleasant, and we had no difficulties checking in. We thought they might be worn out from the inauguration, but the staff was very nice. The porters and bell captain were very attentive to our needs. We came in late, and the little 24 hour pantry was a nice amenity. The room was spacious and had refrigerator and microwave. The view was nothing; just the air handlers. But it made for a very dark room at night, which is how we like it. There is a full buffet breakfast with omelets to order. There are many extraordinary and classic hotels in D.C., but the Hilton Garden is plain vanilla. Just fine with us, we were out to see the city.

Room Tip: Some rooms have no views at all.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

This is the best hotel we've stayed in since I can't remember when. The service is better than the Ritz. The rooms are great and quiet. The pool was refreshing, the restaurant was great, the location perfect, and the price just right. This is the place to stay in DC!

• Stayed January 2013
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband, myself and my friend from England visited Washington DC in September 2012 and enjoyed the whole experience.
We had booked the hotel through Hotels.com, which is a great way to book hotels. The hotel staff were more than willing to help make any arrangements we needed and to assist on how and what to see in Washington. We discovered that the hotel breakfast and dinner was competitive and were particularly good, therefore we usually ate there, as we were tired after all the sightseeing. One waitress was extremely helpfully and went out of her way to arrange anything we needed. Her name was Daria Chandler at the Grist Mill Restaurant. The sleeping accommodations were especially good considering there was three of us in the room and we did not keep bumping into each other, and it was kept very clean. The safe in the room was worth using.

Room Tip: State clearly what type of room you want, eg smoking or non-smoking.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Windsor, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were warmly welcomed and all members of the staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. It was. We were right across the street from a Metro station and could get around D.C. rapidly. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family