“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   815 14th St., NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed N Breakfast Deal
Ranked #23 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We really enjoyed staying at the Hilton Garden Inn during our recent trip to DC. It was on the blue line which was convenient from getting to and from the airport and all the sites. It's walking distance from most of the museums and government buildings. Everyone was very nice and they were able to accommodate our early check-in.

The only thing they could do better is restaurant recommendations. I like to ask local people for recommendations because they live there and know the places the best. When asking for a dinner recommendation, the front desk staff offered me a list nearby places which isn't helpful in knowing what is a good place to check out

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
HGIDC, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you made use of our location, across the street from McPherson Square metro stop. I'm sorry to hear that we didn't help with restaurant recommandations, as local or little-known places are usually the best. (I personally am a fan of Cafe Mozart or the Bobby Van's Steakhouse by our hotel). Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to see you again!

1,475 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Wallingford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I went to this hotel just the other month and thought it was pretty neat-o. I thought the service was rather exquisite and it's a nice place to stay if you're visiting Washington D.C. like I was. Of course, it's better to not drive, rather you should just take a Metro, for there isn't enough parking space. We didn't have to worry about that, though; we had no car with us. And before you ask, yes, there was a swimming pool, but it was rather small. The pool rules say the maximum occupancy is 88, but 88 people wouldn't fit in the pool or the room itself. Trust me, if you had more than 10-20 people in the pool...it would be pretty cramped. But other than that, it was fun! I loved it! If you ever wanna go to Washington D.C., stay here! :D

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HGIDC, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for the review. I'm pleased to hear that our service was great. We enjoy all the feedback and we hope to see you again.
Housatonic, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I spent 4 days in Washington and chose the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown due to its proximity to the Metro which is right across the street and the location which is within easy walking distance of both the Mall and its museums. The price is reasonable considering its great downtown location and we also got the breakfast buffet which I would highly recommend. The staff is very helpful and very professional, the room was very clean with adequate room for us both. Everyone who works there is courteous and helpful. We had a great stay and I would highly recommend this Hilton for a Washington D.C vacation trip.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise from 14th Street.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review. It's great to hear you had a great trip, and a great stay at our hotel. Thanks again and we hope to see you next time you're in town!
G-town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I picked this hotel because of location and it did not dissappoint. Walking distance to the White House, Smithsonian museums and loads of restaurants. This Garden Inn is like most big city hotels. That is, it's a little pricey, the rooms are small and parking is at a premium.

Room Tip: I paid the all-inclusive price for the room, breakfasts (very good) and parking which ended being a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Thank you for the feedback and we hope to see you again.
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

After reviewing many different hotels on TripAdvisor for our trip to Washington, DC...I am happy to say the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown was the perfect choice...better than I had hoped! From the minute I talked with the hotel and made reservations, to the time we checked out, everything was wonderful. We arrived in DC on a Thursday around 12:30pm. The front desk asked if we would care to wait for about fifteen minutes and they would have our room ready. In fifteen minutes, we were ushered into a two-room suite on a higher floor (Room 717). It was very roomy, not to mention very quiet. We booked the Bed/Breakfast for our trip. There was the usual breakfast buffet, as well as a chef who prepared made-to-order breakfast choices, such as omlettes, waffles, eggs prepared any way you wanted . The wait personnel was very attentive. The hotel has an Ambassador named Karima who was very helpful in her suggestions on what to see. She was very entertaining in her presentation! The McPhearson Metro station is literally across the street from the hotel. We parked the car on a Thursday and didn't take it out until we left the following Monday. Using the Metro was very easy. I had ordered two SmartTrip cards before we left home. The front desk personnel was extrememly helpful in answering any of our questions. They gave us spot on directions for getting us to where we wanted to be. In my opinion, the location of the Hilton Garden Inn cannot be beat. It is within walking distance of some great restaurants. The staff is welcoming and extremely helpful. We plan on a return trip to DC. Of course, we wil be staying here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quiet. Room 717 was in an alcove..view of alley, if a view is important to you, a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's great to hear you had a good trip and that you found our location ideal. I will pass on your kind words about our service to the staff. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the not too distant future.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for three days from 13 th September 2012 because I had stayed here the years before for work. The location is excellent being so close to white house and short walk to the mall this time I stayed with my wife and 2 children. We shared a room with two doubles which was quite live able for 3 days. The room had a fridge and microwave which we used a few times. We got the breakfast included and it was great. Hot food buffet and cereal and fruit. It was a great way to start the day. We requested a quiet room away from the road and it was very quiet. The kids enjoyed swimming in the small pool which was a surprise as I didn't expect a hotel of this size to have a pool. The hotel has four lifts which we never seemed to wait to long for. I also used the business centre to print off my boarding passes. I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling on business or with a family as it is well located, near a metro station and has good facilities. I have stayed here twice and not been disappointed.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. I'm glad the hotel worked for both a business trip and a trip with your family. It's also good to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and location. Thank you again for the review. We hope to see you next time you're in DC.
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I took my grandson on Amtrack to Washington D.C.Sept. 13-16th 2012 - first time for both of us. When we got to the hotel thankfully they had a room ready for us. The front desk as well as the doormen, especially Ralph and Mark were so helpful in suggesting places to eat, directions and hailing a cab with their loud whistle - thank you all. We enjoyed the lemon water and cookies in the lounge each day. Our bed and pillows were very comfortable and housekeeping did a good job in keeping the room clean. The safe, refrig and microwave came in handy as well.. The location was great and we walked most places but there is also a convenient Metro. On our last day we went to the Washington Cathedral and the hotel was kind enough to keep our bags for us after we checked out. I would definately stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We requested a room away from the street noise and had a room on the 7th floor in the back of the ho...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We hope you enjoyed your first trip to DC and we hope to see you again on your next trip!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington, DC Downtown? Share your experiences!