Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Washington Convention Center to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Washington Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   900 F St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20004 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #36 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
NC
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Hotel is located in a very convenient location that is a block away from a metro station. Restaurants galore within the vicinity to choose from. Chinatown is only a couple stops away on the metro, or you could opt for a 15 minute walk. The rooms were kinda on the small side, but still very clean and good enough for the star rating in DC. There are a couple parking garages/lots within a few minutes walk that will save you a few dollars versus the hotel overnight parking price if you are bringing a car. Only issue we had was with the concierge, who we asked a simple question for directions to a particular landmark who instead attempted to press us very hard to buy a tour. She also did not seem very knowledgeable about her estimated times and methods of transportation to get to particular landmarks. Other than that we had no issues with the friendly and accommodating staff.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Zaw O, Hotel Operations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Convention Center, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking your time and writing this great review about our Hotel. It was a pleasure to have you here as our guest. I am so sorry to hear that you got off the Metro at couple of stops away from China Town. You might have taken the wrong stop. China Town is two traffic lights away from our Hotel; and you would normally get off at the same Metro stop as the China Town which is called Gallery Place. This Metro stop will allow you to exit right in front of our Hotel. I will look forward to welcome you back in the future. Kind regards, Zaw.

563 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The staff was very friendly and professional. We arrived very late, but front office advised us restaurants near by and helped with reservation. We were very pleasantly surprised with location: it was easy to take a walk in the evening on the downtown(chinatown), and next day on its historical sights. Rooms are very well equiped and comfortable. Ыeparate gratitude to the personnel for assistance with wallet parking and opportunity to leave the car free of charge till the evening after checking out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind review and it was a great pleasure to have you here as our guest. We would love to welcome you back when you visit Washington again. Kind regards, Zaw.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We are here to run the Nike women's half marathon and then be tourists for a couple of days. Positives first: Great central location surrounded by good restaurants and shopping, very pleasant staff, plenty of hot water, and the beds are comfortable and made up with covers that probably get washed (not those big spreads that don't get washed..).
Negatives: no safe in the room, and even though the hotel is full of half marathoners that will be leaving at six am, we have been told that there will be no coffee in the lobby till seven... Seems like a savvy hotel manager could be a little more flexible (or present, apparently there is no manager here on a Saturday night) If I was a ginormous hotel chain I would have free coffee in the street on race morning, giving 15000 plus runners and their supporters a chance to feel good about my brand.
Aand the wireless signal in our room is very weak.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room with windows on two sides for great street views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Zaw O, Hotel Operations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Convention Center, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you so much for staying at Courtyard Convention Center and for taking your time to write this review about our property. From the look of your review, we fell short of our goals in exceeding your expectations. Coffee in the early morning for the runners is a great suggestion; and I will be sure to extend this service during any future Marathon. I am so sorry that I was not there when you needed me on Saturday night; and will be sure to present in the Hotel during those big occasions in the future. Thank you so much for your great feedback and I will look forward to welcome you back for next year Marathon. Kind regards, Zaw.
New York, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great hotel. It is listed as 3.5 stars, but it is really a lot closer to 4 stars than 3. Free wi-fi and free gym in the basement. Helpful and courteous staff. Very convenient location right near attractions and the Metro. Clean, comfortable and spacious room. The only negatives is that the breakfast in the morning is inedible, unless you get cereal or oatmeal. But given the class of hotel, you shouldn't expect more than a microwaved sandwich, so I won't fault them for this. Le Pan Quotidien is down the block and there is a waffle place 2 blocks away, so eat there if you want a real breakfast. Also, it's kind of annoying to use the keycard to get the elevator to move, but this is a minor inconvenience. Only minor gripes, but great hotel for the price and location and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying at Courtyard Convention Center and for taking your time to write this review about our property. I will look forward to welcome you back. Kind regards, Zaw.
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed here for business and the location was perfect. It was walking distance (or a short cab ride if you're wearing heels) to the convention center, along the way there are many restaurants and coffee shops to stop for a bite. It is close to a metro station, museums, and the White House. It is a great place to stay if you are on business and want to do a bit of sight seeing. The breakfast cost $16 but it was a delicious buffet and it included starbucks coffee. Apparently there is a dreamy indoor pool, I did not know that but ran into other clients in the elevator, they gave the pool high remarks and I was really tempted to go out and purchase a swimsuit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying at Courtyard Convention Center and for taking your time to write this review about our property. I am very happy to hear that our breakfast met your expectation; and I will look forward to welcome you back in the future. Kind regards, Zaw.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was there for several nights for a conference, and was pleasantly suprised. I booked because it seemed the "cheapest of the nice" in the area. It is not your typical Courtyard. They have room service from the great restaurant downstairs, there is a helpful concierge, the building is architectually very pretty, and the concierge lounge is also nice. The people were over the top friendly, including the front desk staff and the chef in the lounge in the evenings. I have very little to say to detract from this except the parking was crazy expensive ($38 a night--but apparently that was standard in the area) and while the cardio room has nice equipment, they probably need to address the pool smell that almost chokes you in there. The location was great, within walking distance of the National Mall and all the sights of DC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying at Courtyard Convention Center and for taking your time to write this review about our property. I am pleased that we were able to meet all of your expectations; and I will look forward to welcome you back in the future. Kind regards, Zaw.
Buffalo, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. This is no ordinary Courtyard. The service was much more in line with a Marriott.

Upon check-in, I was told there was a concierge lounge for my use since I am a Gold Member. Unfortunately, my schedule was booked solid, but that is a wonderful amenity not normally found at Courtyards.

The cab fare from Reagan National (not during rush hour) was only $12. The hotel has parking (which one of my colleagues used). The parking is off-site, so you do have to give them some advance notice when you need your car.

I was able to walk to all of my meetings easily as the hotel is within 6 blocks of Chinatown, the Verizon Center, and Pennsylvania Avenue. Fords Theater is one block over (John Wilkes Booth's escape route would have taken him right past the Courtyard).

My room faced an interior courtyard; not much for a view, but terrific for a quiet night's sleep. Anyone who has ever stayed in D.C. before knows that this can be priceless with sirens blaring always a possibility at any time of night.

The room was on the 8th floor and a little bit on the small side, not at all unusual for a big city hotel. There was a small refrigerator and a coffee maker. There was a desk with chair, but no other side chair (simply no room). It was the perfect size for a solo business traveler, but might be cramped for two. The room was clean and the king bed was super comfortable. The TV in my room worked perfectly (I did not have a chance to use the internet).

There were three elevators, which meant never waiting longer than a few seconds for a lift.

The workout rooms are in the basement. There is a separate cardio room from the weight room. It was a good idea to have two separate rooms instead of trying to cram all of the equipment into one room. There were two ellipticals and four treadmills. The elliptical I used was in great working order and there were headphones for the TV. There were plenty of towels, sanitizing wipes, cups, and water available. The center is open 24/7, which is great for me since I like to workout early (5:30) when I am on the road.

I felt very safe walking around the area near the hotel. We ate dinner at the nearby Chophouse, which was excellent and not terribly expensive for a steak house. I stopped at the Spy Museum gift shop and picked up a cute spy kit for my nephew's birthday. You can access the gift shop without buying a ticket to the museum.

The front desk staff were very helpful with directions. The bellman also stored my luggage after checkout. All in all I would definitely stay here on a return trip to D.C.v

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Zaw O, Hotel Operations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Washington Convention Center, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you so much for staying at Courtyard Convention Center; and for your thorough review about our property. I am grateful for your kind comments, especially for your statement of distinguishing us from our traditional Courtyard Hotels. We work very hard each day for our guests; and comments like yours serve as a report-card in order to evaluate our effectiveness. Thank you again for staying with us and I will look forward to welcome you back in the future. Kind regards, Zaw.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Washington Convention Center? Share your experiences!