“Decent; Expected more from Chinatown” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,573 of 2,498 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Chinese
Connecticut
“Decent; Expected more from Chinatown”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We went to Chinatown looking for some authentic Chinese food. We chose this place as it had the right look- not very upscale and someplace like the locals might be eating at, so we tried for dinner a few nights ago. The menu was great and covered all the bases. The food was good and flavorful. The prices were a tad on the high side for full dinners- I assume it was just DC pricing. Specials could be had for 9 dollars for bascially lunch portions; full dinners were 12-20 dollars.

Visited December 2012

Saint Charles, Illinois
“Decent eats at fair price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Came to this place after I checked into my hotel. It is not a fancy place that offered typical Cantonese flavors. The roast duck noodle and house vegetable in oyster sause I ordered were good. The service was quick and pleasant. Nothing exciting to write home about, but a decent meal at fair prices.

Visited November 2012
Chula Vista, CA
“Prepare for leftovers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

While I love Chinese food, I am usually ordering something I know and have tasted before. So when I came into this restaurant I ordered sweet and sour chicken with fried rice and hot tea. Nothing out of the ordinary. The only thing is that it was cold! All the other guests in our party had nothing wrong with their plates but my food was cold. I didn't speak up to the servers because I knew there was so much of it that I was taking it home and so I would microwave it myself....but it was served cold.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Saddle River, New Jersey
“Decent Chinese food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Came here because it was the first restaurant by the metro. The prices were decent and the food was tasty. I've had better, but I've certainly had worse. Would I recommend it? I wouldn't go out of my way for it, but I wouldn't tell anyone to avoid it, either.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“This one's a serious avoid !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

When we asked passersby where they would choose to eat in Washington's Chinatown, the non-commital response should have told us all we needed to know to go elsewhere. Unfortunately we followed the recommendation of a chinese policeman and ended up in Tai Shan. We asked for lemon chicken with egg friend rice. We got tasteless brown rice, and something gooey that certainly didn't taste of lemon, in fact it didn't really have any taste. When I pointed out that the bill had been over-stated by $ 10, the waitress' response was to complain that we hadn't tipped. We gave her a bit of granularity on why we hadn't done so, which probably translated well into either cantonese or mandarin.

• Visited October 2011