I stayed at this hotel for a few nights with a friend while visiting DC. It’s a pretty good location if you want to take the DC Metro around the city; it is right next to a train stop. There are a few restaurants in the area and it’s also near the Smithsonian Zoo.
This hotel is huge!!!! Its easy to get lost there are different towers and its confusing. The staff was okay, I can’t say fantastic or great. Some of the people at the front desk were really nice others couldn’t care if I was standing in front of them or not. The operators are not very polite when calling either. Pool is open seasonaly. Parking is expensive about $30 a day I think, but thats just DC. Internet is about $10 a day.
The rooms are nice. Very modern. The hotel is well maintained which I was surprised to see given it was so large.
I do not recommend the restaurants. The staff that I came across was horrrrrrrrrrrrriable. I ordered food to go from the pub/bar that’s there (cant recall the name, it was that bad). 1st I tried to call down and got transferred about 5 times to only find that no one could help me. So I then went down to the bar and ordered food to go. They add a lot of fees on to their room service so I just wanted to get it myself. The bar tender was horrible. I had to repeat my order several times and he acted like he had no clue what I was ordering, like he had never seen a menu before. He got my order wrong as well. So if you stay here I would say just eat out, better service in local restaurants and its cheaper.
Overall, it was a nice stay. I would stay again because of the location and room quality, that’s the only reason why.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you arrive at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park, you'll find a charming neighborhood in the heart of Washington, DC filled with amazing restaurants and quaint shops. Just a few steps away, you'll discover the funky stores and ethnic cuisine of Adams Morgan or the exciting night life of Dupont Circle. Head north to hear the sounds of animals coming from the National Zoo. Or venture into the hotel's natural surroundings to enjoy a quiet hike or invigorating run through Rock Creek Park. With a Metro stop just outside the doors and area airports close by, it's a premier city destination just two Metro stops from everything DC has to offer. We believe that brilliant meetings begin with brilliant space and offer an astounding 195,000 square feet of versatile space that can be customized for groups of all sizes. It's an unmatched place to meet where accommodating venues and equally helpful planners can bring any groups unique ideas to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Marriott, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott