“Huge hotel, crappy restaurant service!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel

You added Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel to your Saves list
Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2660 Woodley Road, NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #97 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
South Florida, Florida
“Huge hotel, crappy restaurant service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a few nights with a friend while visiting DC. It’s a pretty good location if you want to take the DC Metro around the city; it is right next to a train stop. There are a few restaurants in the area and it’s also near the Smithsonian Zoo.

This hotel is huge!!!! Its easy to get lost there are different towers and its confusing. The staff was okay, I can’t say fantastic or great. Some of the people at the front desk were really nice others couldn’t care if I was standing in front of them or not. The operators are not very polite when calling either. Pool is open seasonaly. Parking is expensive about $30 a day I think, but thats just DC. Internet is about $10 a day.

The rooms are nice. Very modern. The hotel is well maintained which I was surprised to see given it was so large.

I do not recommend the restaurants. The staff that I came across was horrrrrrrrrrrrriable. I ordered food to go from the pub/bar that’s there (cant recall the name, it was that bad). 1st I tried to call down and got transferred about 5 times to only find that no one could help me. So I then went down to the bar and ordered food to go. They add a lot of fees on to their room service so I just wanted to get it myself. The bar tender was horrible. I had to repeat my order several times and he acted like he had no clue what I was ordering, like he had never seen a menu before. He got my order wrong as well. So if you stay here I would say just eat out, better service in local restaurants and its cheaper.

Overall, it was a nice stay. I would stay again because of the location and room quality, that’s the only reason why.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

I stayed here for a conference. The place is large and has plenty to offer. some of the workout equipment was not funtioning which was surprising as I felt liek the same pieces were out of operation when I was there last week. I stayed in the older part of the hotel and did not have hot water a couple mornings for showers (at least for 10 minutes and then it typically came on)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Norfolk, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

This conference hotel has frankly ridiculous prices for what it offers. It offers a basic chain hotel room in an interesting building and charges as though it is a high end hotel with top line amenities.

I came for a conference and stayed in the older part of the hotel, the Wardman Tower. This was quite a hike from the rest of the hotel, and had some problems. First was the temperature, the drafts in that building were continual. I had to wear a jacket to walk form my room to the conference portion of the hotel. Second, most of the furniture was old and fairly heavily used. Not antique, the furniture looked like antique reproductions that had been used for at least a decade. Also, for the size of the room I was in, there wasn't enough furniture. It wound up looking empty and unfinished.

The service was indifferent. There was little to know care from the staff. Housekeeping is spotty. Tissues weren't replaced, nor was the card you can use to request that they replace the linens more often than once every three days. I actually came back to the room one day to find that someone had put a do not disturb sign on my door rather than actually clean my room. I don't use the do not disturb sign, so it definitely wasn't put there by me.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Chatham, NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

When I arrived at the Marriott Wardman Park at 11PM, I was told that the hotel was overbooked and they had no rooms left. They rebooked me at their cost at the nearby Omni Shoreham, and they paid for my taxi to/from the Omni. While the Omni is a comparable hotel, the Omni only had a smoking room to offer me upon my arrival. This is the second time I have booked a Marriott hotel thru Priceline "Name Your Own Price" and been denied a room upon arrival due to overbooking (the other time was about 6 months ago at the Marriott Westshore in Tampa, FL).

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Siesta Key, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

I went to D.C. for the weekend with my husband and another couple. We stayed here and LOVED the location. It is in a quiet neighborhood off of a main street, right next to a Metro stop. We easily travelled into the touristy locations of D.C. and loved that the Metro put us right back at the hotel. The room was beautiful, clean, and no bed bugs!! We were able to open the windows to let in the cool, fresh air and enjoyed the shower and large walk-in closet. The beds were classic Marriott and we all slept great. The hotel is much larger than we thought, with a few restaurants, and conference center. The one restaurant had an AWESOME breakfast buffet for $20 that we all could not stop eating! Everyone was extremely nice and helpful, and we had such a great time. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

This is an old-fashioned sprawling convention hotel in the leafy Woodley Park Neighborhood. From the sound of the other reviews, the main hotel appears to be a challenge--but the historic Wardman Tower, where I managed to snag a room for only $159 per night, is a real treat. The tower is connected to the rest of the hotel by a sun-drenched corridor filled with comfy chairs, potted palms and what I’m guessing is historically accurate floral carpeting. (The tower is probably a not good place to stay if you hate walking; you might need a sherpa to find your room the first night.) My room was large and beautiful with a walk-in closet. Great view of the city. Water pressure like a fire hose. Real windows that open. Friendly front desk. Metro station right across the street, easy walk to the National Zoo and the Adams Morgan neighborhood. Only downside is that there isn’t a ton of counter space in the bathroom.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
New Haven
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

I was more than shocked upon arriving at the registration desk on Saturday, November 6. I had made my reservation three months in advance. I had requested and was promised a room in the Towers. Upon speaking to the clerk, he said to me, "we do not have a room for you. We are overbooked." I replied "You must be joking as I made my reservation over three months ago. Furthermore, you have my email address and you never contacted me at any time, telling me that you were overbooked. You left me no option but to come to this desk and be told "Too bad, we are sorry, we have no rooms." The fact that you offered me another hotel, and would pay for it, was of little consolation. It was 6 miles away, and all of my colleagues and meetings were at the Marriott. It is a sad day that a hotel chain that prides itself on friendliness and professionalism has fallen so far and perhaps so fast."

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business