It was a simple thing, really, There were ants in my bathroom. At 6:30 a.m. I went to the front desk and asked that they send someone to spray. No worries. But they insisted that they would have to move me to another room--unfortunately no other rooms were available. So they asked that I checked back. I did so--5 different times throughout the day. I also left my cell phone number so that they could call me to let me know when the new room was available. All through the day--up to 9:00 p.m. at night, they never moved me to another room nor did they spray for the ants. Finally at 9:30 p.m. the night manager Jared told me there was nothing he could do--no rooms were available. When I told him that I couldn't believe that no rooms became empty throughout the day, he agreed saying simply that they didn't get around to getting me in a room. He could have cared less. His solution was just to credit me a night's stay. Nice--but it didn't take care of the ants. I still had to ask them to spray. Which they did at 10 at night. Next morning there were still ants in the bathroom. I moved to another room after that and asked for a day-time manager to contact me. It never happened. They really could care less. The hotel is in a decent location--next to a metro stop. It is large, great for conferences--too bad that they don't have the customer service attitude that makes guests feel welcome and attended to. I would not recommend this hotel based on the service I received.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you arrive at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park, you'll find a charming neighborhood in the heart of Washington, DC filled with amazing restaurants and quaint shops. Just a few steps away, you'll discover the funky stores and ethnic cuisine of Adams Morgan or the exciting night life of Dupont Circle. Head north to hear the sounds of animals coming from the National Zoo. Or venture into the hotel's natural surroundings to enjoy a quiet hike or invigorating run through Rock Creek Park. With a Metro stop just outside the doors and area airports close by, it's a premier city destination just two Metro stops from everything DC has to offer. We believe that brilliant meetings begin with brilliant space and offer an astounding 195,000 square feet of versatile space that can be customized for groups of all sizes. It's an unmatched place to meet where accommodating venues and equally helpful planners can bring any groups unique ideas to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott and Despegar.com so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott