I stayed this past weekend and it was a pretty typical Marriott. The room was fine, the beds comfy, and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was great near the Metro and inexpensive restaurants were along the street next to the hotel. I was surprised to find a fridge in the room, it was great bonus and enabled us to have more food/snack options.
There were some issues however. I don't think of myself as a very fussy guest, I don't ask for anything beyond the basics and rarely have had to contact the hotel staff when I travel. This weekend was an exception. First, the remote for the TV didn't work. When I was getting ready the first morning, I realized we didn't have shampoo in the bathroom (all other toiletries were present just not the shampoo). Housekeeping barely serviced the room - someone definitely came in and emptied the bathroom trash and left some fresh towels but the beds were left unmade, the room trashcan full, and the coffee/tea area wasn't refilled. All these things were fixed relatively quickly with (multiple) calls down to the front desk but it was annoying to have to ask for the basics services I would expect from a hotel of this level.
Some other issues were with the room itself that can't be fixed by a quick call downstairs. The walls were thin so we could hear our neighbors. There was something going on with the pipes because anytime our neighbors flushed their toilet or used their shower, our toilet would run (and it was noisy!). Our toilet was running pretty much all weekend. Also the layout of the center tower put most of the rooms far away from the elevators. There were 8 elevators next to each other but the guest rooms fanned out in 3 hallways away from the elevators - just poor design when the building was constructed. Our room was about as far from the elevators as it could be which was disappointing since I always request to be close to the elevators through my Marriott Rewards profile.
Overall, it wasn't the best experience but wasn't the worst either. I'm willing to give the hotel staff the benefit of the doubt that they were off their A-game due to a busy weekend. I would give this hotel another chance if the price was right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Even among the most sophisticated hotels in Washington, DC, Wardman Park Marriott rises above the rest. With a blend of charm, modern elegance and a historic landmark setting, comfortable guest rooms, extensive event space and experienced staff make our hotel the perfect choice for business and leisure travelers. Situated on 16 garden acres with 1,314 guest rooms including 125 VIP suites, plus an outdoor pool and sundeck, our hotel is the perfect place for vacationers to enjoy their down time. Families will delight in our close proximity to the National Zoo and other top area attractions. With 195,000 sq ft of event space and 95,000 sq ft of exhibit space, meeting and conference planners find Washington Marriott Wardman Park a perfect venue for events of any size. Additionally, the comprehensive conference services and expert staff ensure that every event runs smoothly and flawlessly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott