I wasn't expecting much as I've been here before for conferences but never stayed here. Fiona was great at check-in and recommended the room that had me on a high floor with a great view of the city. I had requested a king bed but only got 2 doubles. She couldn't located a better room so I stuck with what she recommended. Looking back, I should have requested a king and gone without the view. Besides the view, the room had a fridge which was nice since there's a CVS a block away to stock up without paying the hotel prices.
I was in the central town which I guess is the "newer" part. I've heard both arguments for either staying in the older Wardman tower or the newer towers. Next time, I'd stay someplace else. The room in the central town was small for DC standards. The bathroom so incredibly small that I couldn't extend my arms all the way in the room. There are plenty of better places in DC along the Metro with much larger rooms and would cost just as much.
If I have to be positive, then the location of the hotel is decent. It's right next to the Metro and there's plenty of shops and restaurants next doors. And Rock Creek Park is just a few blocks away if you want to get out and enjoy some scenery or exercise. On site, the gym is one of the nicer hotel gyms I've use. Great variety of equipment and nice free weight and stretching areas.
Like I said in the title, the core part of the hotel just doesn't cut it anymore. It's time to knock it down and start over. That's probably why my conference is moving to National Harbor in 2014.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Wardman Park
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Even among the most sophisticated hotels in Washington, DC, Wardman Park Marriott rises above the rest. With a blend of charm, modern elegance and a historic landmark setting, comfortable guest rooms, extensive event space and experienced staff make our hotel the perfect choice for business and leisure travelers. Situated on 16 garden acres with 1,314 guest rooms including 125 VIP suites, plus an outdoor pool and sundeck, our hotel is the perfect place for vacationers to enjoy their down time. Families will delight in our close proximity to the National Zoo and other top area attractions. With 195,000 sq ft of event space and 95,000 sq ft of exhibit space, meeting and conference planners find Washington Marriott Wardman Park a perfect venue for events of any size. Additionally, the comprehensive conference services and expert staff ensure that every event runs smoothly and flawlessly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.