I stayed at this hotel for three days while attending a conference. I debated between three and four stars on this hotel, but decided on three because of the lack of value for the money.
The room (double bed in the center tower) was fairly clean and quiet. The grounds (especially around the pool and Wardman Tower) were well manicured and featured plenty of seating and lots of beautiful flowers. The conference rooms were spacious, well lit, and well marked (the conference center at this hotel is quite massive). The hotel is located within walking distance of the National Zoo, the Woodley Park Metro Station, and several nice restaurants. There was also a cafe/coffee shop in the hotel that had good coffee and a decent selection of pastries, sandwiches, etc. for breakfast.
I got the feeling this hotel catered to people traveling for business (myself included), and as such everything was way overpriced (since it is assumed the employer/client are picking up the bill). I had a conference rate room (which was still around $300 a night) and it was nothing to brag about. The room and bathroom were fairly small, and the bathroom was in need of some updates (or at least a new bathtub - there were cracks on the tub and the grout around the tub was looking a little grimy). For $300 a night I also had a rather disappointing view of the roof and an air conditioner. Self-parking was a whopping $36 a night, and wi-fi access was $12 a night. (This is my personal soap box, but I feel wi-fi should be treated like electricity - it should be included in the price of the room.)
Overall, the hotel was decent and conveniently located, but if returning to DC for a personal trip, I believe I could find better value for my money elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you arrive at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park, you'll find a charming neighborhood in the heart of Washington, DC filled with amazing restaurants and quaint shops. Just a few steps away, you'll discover the funky stores and ethnic cuisine of Adams Morgan or the exciting night life of Dupont Circle. Head north to hear the sounds of animals coming from the National Zoo. Or venture into the hotel's natural surroundings to enjoy a quiet hike or invigorating run through Rock Creek Park. With a Metro stop just outside the doors and area airports close by, it's a premier city destination just two Metro stops from everything DC has to offer. We believe that brilliant meetings begin with brilliant space and offer an astounding 195,000 square feet of versatile space that can be customized for groups of all sizes. It's an unmatched place to meet where accommodating venues and equally helpful planners can bring any groups unique ideas to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Marriott, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott