I went with several business associates to the Wardman Park Marriott for a meeting recently and, although rather expensive, I have largely positive things to say about the overall experience. Several comments on TripAdvisor mention that is simply a business hotel and not much more. I have been to several meetings here, and the reviews are right: this is largely a business hotel. But I think this is a great cite for a meeting. The Metro stop is perfect for easy transport; the hotel is large enough to accommodate a large group without becoming a zoo; the staff is efficient at every step; and the meeting facilities are very good. The restaurants are actually pretty good, although as you can imagine, rather expensive even for a beer. This is easy to remedy because there are many excellent restaurants literally across the street, or half a mile away in Adams Morgan (tons of restaurants and bars). At all locations, Platinum status with Marriott is good; at the Wardman Park, it was great. The upgrade to an enormous Executive Suite was a complete surprise (I figured an upgrade might happen, but the meeting booked the rooms so I assumed I was at the bottom of the pile). A quick run across the street to the liquor store for a few beers was a great way to keep my employees happy at about a 75% discount – plus they were all upgraded as well to the concierge level with my card. Great way to keep everybody happy and coming back for more. And the service and food in the concierge lounge was very good and even open on Sundays.
The fitness center is very large and the equipment is pretty good. Two bikes were broken and the dumbbells seem to be randomly distributed around the gym, but otherwise it was a very good gym – and open 24/7. However, if the weather is good, there is a great trail system that runs just south of the hotel and runs along the zoo and a stream for several miles.
The only negatives (which are minor) would be that the rooms are a little tired. Not horribly so, but the carpets are a little dated, the door paint looks older and scuffed, and in my room, I could see into the hallway between the double-door entry (I know, cry me a river because my double-doors were too far apart). Collectively, however, these are relatively minor issues and they did not detract from the overall quality of my stay.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Wardman Park
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Even among the most sophisticated hotels in Washington, DC, Wardman Park Marriott rises above the rest. With a blend of charm, modern elegance and a historic landmark setting, comfortable guest rooms, extensive event space and experienced staff make our hotel the perfect choice for business and leisure travelers. Situated on 16 garden acres with 1,314 guest rooms including 125 VIP suites, plus an outdoor pool and sundeck, our hotel is the perfect place for vacationers to enjoy their down time. Families will delight in our close proximity to the National Zoo and other top area attractions. With 195,000 sq ft of event space and 95,000 sq ft of exhibit space, meeting and conference planners find Washington Marriott Wardman Park a perfect venue for events of any size. Additionally, the comprehensive conference services and expert staff ensure that every event runs smoothly and flawlessly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.