“Big Hotel, Big Surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel to your Saves list
Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2660 Woodley Road, NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save Up to 20% In DC
Ranked #94 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Tecumseh, Michigan, United States
“Big Hotel, Big Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is a very large hotel. Service at front desk was very good. Their small business conference rooms were nothing more than empty suites but we did see many large conference rooms and ball rooms that would have been better. Parking garage was confusing and expensive. Lots of choices for dining nearby within easy walking distance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
WardmanPark, General Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Mike A,

We appreciate the time you've taken to give feedback on the Marriott Wardman Park. Thank you for your positive comments on our Front Desk staff. I apologize that you had trouble with our parking garage. We appreciate all feedback from our guests so that we may improve. We would be happy to have you stay with us again in the future.

Best Regards,

1,343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was surprised to find how convenient this hotel's location is--the Metro station is across the street from the hotel, and the Metro red line runs directly to Union Station (no subway changes), with the stops along the way taking you to the museums, etc. Also right outside the hotel is a boulevard with multiple restaurants with all kinds of food (Indian, Italian, etc), small markets, and a lovely park for walking. The zoo is also nearby.

The hotel is huge, with a 1925 wing with charming architecture (ask for a room with a balcony), or the more modern wings. My room also had a small fridge. Plenty of places to get a snack or a meal at the hotel. The pub has a great spinach salad.

Room Tip: If you like old architecture, ask for a balcony room in the original 1925 wing.
Dear Lucy L,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on our convenient location, being next to a metro stop on the red line and having many food options within the hotel and the immediate area.. We hope to see you on your next visit to DC.

Henrico, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was at this hotel for a convention, and I must say that our stay was wonderful! Even thought the hotel was packed check in was very quick and easy, and the front desk staff was very friendly. The hotel is HUGE, and it does take a while to find one's way around, but the staff is always will to take a second to point you in the right direction. The room was very clean when we arrived. The bathroom was spotless, there was no dust anywhere, and the bedspreads looked freshly washed. There was a minifridge in the room, which was a welcome surprise. Being a busy weekend at the hotel I was worried about being able to hear my neighbors, but I had no need to worry! I want to give a shoutout to the cleaning staff, who were super friendly! This convention had people up at all hours of the night and dressed in strange costumes. I actually had one of the cleaning staff tell me how good I looked in costume! Totally made my weekend! I would highly recommend the stay, especially for the 1 block walk to the subway to go anywhere else in DC.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
WardmanPark, General Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear Elizabeth O,

I am elated that you enjoyed your stay with us so much this past November. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and will be sharing your comments with the staff. We hope you will be staying with us again in the near future.

Clinton, MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I've stayed twice at this hotel, and I've been very impressed with the accommodations and the staff. Everyone was very helpful and respectful, and I observed that everyone was treated this way. This will be my hotel of choice whenever I visit DC or the surrounding area.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Rob B,

Thank you for your positive feedback. I am delighted that you enjoyed both of your stays with us and we look foward to seeing you on your next one. I will be sure to share with our staff your kind words about them.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I use and like Marriott, so generally expected it would be pleasant and business-like, but I also expected it to be generic and it was much better than that. A superior Marriott property (decor, services) in excellent Adams-Morgan location. Very nice bar/lounge area, and you can walk to restaurants or the Metro in 5 minutes.

Room Tip: Very convenient to Metro if you're coming by mass transit, and excellent dining choices within a...
Dear jeffOnTheRoad2010,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a wonderful review of Marriott Wardman Park. I am thrilled that our property and services exceeded your expectations. We pride ourselves on the convenience of both the restaurants and metro stop minutes outside of our door. We look forward to having you stay with us on your next trip to DC.

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I am a Marriott rewards member and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during Anime USA. This was the first year that the convention had been located at this property.

The hotel staff can usually make or break my experience during conventions because i do not want to worry about the small things when being with my friends. Everyone from the front desk staff to the housekeeping crew were very friendly and accommodating. My roommate complained multiple times about how the HDMI was disabled from the TV for the entire weekend. She had brought her PS3 thinking that she would be able to relax and play video games after walking around the convention all day. I was elated to find out upon check-out that my room rate for the first night was discounted and I was given money back since I had paid for my entire stay up front.

I loved how the hotel had multiple elevators. This may not seem like a big deal however, during an event with 6,000+ people it makes a huge difference.

The parking was a bit overpriced, but that is to be expected since the hotel is in Washington DC. I was aware of this before my stay and took the metro from Franconia-Springfield to the station right across from the hotel.

I look forward to AUSA 2013 and spending it at this hotel. Thankyou for such a pleasant experience.

• Stayed November 2012
WardmanPark, General Manager at Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear TMF1986,

I am thrilled to hear of your wonderful experience with us and thank you for taking the time to write out your detailed review. I apologize that your friend was unable to play video games during the course of your stay, but hope it was otherwise enjoyable for her as well. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Glendale Calif
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel is catering to the conference traveler. If you want a hotel, where you almost walk a mile to get to your room, this is it. This hotel is huge, and building more. The taxi service line, is crazy. It almost as if cabs don't bother to drive up the hill. You can wait 15 - 30 minutes just waiting for a taxi. Give your self time. It is better to walk down the stairs of the back doors of the hotel to main street to flag a taxi, if you are short of time.

Dear abevcole,

I regret that you had difficulty with taxi service at our property. We thank you for taking the time to write your feedback of the Marriott Wardman Park. We appreciate reviews like yours that we may take to heart and use to improve our services.

Best Regards,
Dan Nadeau

Been to Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel? Share your experiences!