I will start by saying the hotel is located less than 1/2 block from the Metro station. Traffic around DC is terrible so I try not to rent a car. I also try to avoid taxis for the same reason I don't rent a car when in DC business. The nice thing about about the DC metro is that there are many people with suits and ties riding the train. And yes there are other folks with carry-on luggage riding the train. I get to/from the airport or the Amtrak quite quickly. The convenience of the hotel being close to the metro is great. . When entering the hotel the one feels ambiance and magnitude of the hotel. It is an up to date hotel. This hotel is much better than ones closer to Pennsylvania Avenue that show their age significantly and charge $500+ per night (with discount). The hotel has all the amenities expected. The wi-fi worked well. The gym was good (there is a pool too). If one likes to jog/run, there is a terrific path just down the block that is part of the park system. Many joggers, walkers, and bikers of all ages - males and females. So after the run, there is a nice tavern close to the hotel to have a beer. As a matter of fact there a quite a few restaurants in the vicinity. There was much to choose from. For families there is the zoo close by. The rooms were as expected - up-to-date with all the amenities, The hotel had areas where one can work on their computer and have a drink, or if you like drink at the bar. There were enough elevators to make the wait short which is a terrific plus. An enjoyable hotel for business stays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you arrive at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park, you'll find a charming neighborhood in the heart of Washington, DC filled with amazing restaurants and quaint shops. Just a few steps away, you'll discover the funky stores and ethnic cuisine of Adams Morgan or the exciting night life of Dupont Circle. Head north to hear the sounds of animals coming from the National Zoo. Or venture into the hotel's natural surroundings to enjoy a quiet hike or invigorating run through Rock Creek Park. With a Metro stop just outside the doors and area airports close by, it's a premier city destination just two Metro stops from everything DC has to offer. We believe that brilliant meetings begin with brilliant space and offer an astounding 195,000 square feet of versatile space that can be customized for groups of all sizes. It's an unmatched place to meet where accommodating venues and equally helpful planners can bring any groups unique ideas to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott