“Large hotel with several conferences” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel

You added Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel to your Saves list
Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2660 Woodley Road, NW, Washington DC, DC 20008 (Upper Northwest)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #99 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Calgary, Canada
“Large hotel with several conferences”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2007

I have stayed at this hotel about 5 times while attending conferences, and all but one stay has been a good experience. it is a large hotel, but clean and well maintained. it is close to a subway stop on the red line which is handy to all the attractions. it also is located on a street with a number of small restuarants. It is about a 10 to 15 minutes walk to the zoo. The only stay I did not enjoy was in a room across from the ice machine and with a connecting door, it was too noisy and we had them move us after only one night.

• Liked — It is clean and well maintained. it is also close to a subway
  • Disliked — if a big conference is there, elevators can be slow and crowded
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2007

Most of the things have been said. However my experience there was:
Positives: Location, you know what you will get when you land in one of these chains (nothing unexpected)
Negatives: Size: The hotel is HUGE. I mean really big, no good signs, you can easily get lost, staff treats you like a number, no one cares except the maids that were very attentive, internet @ 10 USD per day.

I would not stay here again, I like smaller hotels much better, where people know who you are, who care about you staying at their place.

Stayed December 2007
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2007

We stayed at the Wardman Park Hotel for a conference in November of 2007. The rooms were spacious and clean and the staff friendly. The hotel is located a two minute walk from the subway which makes seeing the sites a breeze. The hotel is massive and we found the food at the conference and in the restaurants above average for hotel food. The fitness centre is huge BUT very dirty. There are also two seasonal pools.The hair salon is not recommended as I got a manicure there and it was the worst manicure I have ever had. Overall though my experience at this property was good and I would not hesitate to recommend it for a conference or function.

Stayed November 2007
NY,NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2007

Construction begins at 7:24 am. If you are an early riser, this hotel would be fine, but if not, do not expect to get a good night's sleep. Don't expect the staff to care--they act as if this is part of the hotel experience. I suppose it is at this dive.

Stayed November 2007
Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Wardman around Halloween for a friends 30th birthday party. We found that the location was great.for walking. There were loads of restaurants from italian to Sushi right around the corner. There was even a pizza shop open at 2 am when we came back from the party. Our room was nicely appointed and fresh and clean. The only thing that was missing were the new white sheets and comforter that I have seen in most Marriott rooms lately. This one had the old scratchy cover on it.

Stayed October 2007
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2007

Stayed here on business for two nights and certainly would recommend it for business travellers / conferences. A huge hotel - took ten minutes to walk to my room (room 5305)! My room was situated in the Wardman tower which I think was the older part of the hotel and while quite charming, could have benefited with some cosmetic updating. My room in particular, although huge, lacked some rather basic useful extras - a bathrobe and water for example. I probably wouldn't have minded so much had I not seen my colleague's room in the main part of the hotel (10th floor), which was clearly recently renovated, beautifully decorated and had everything my room lacked! If you stay at the hotel, do push for a newer room as it will make for a much more pleasant stay.
The cleanliness of my room could have been a little better (two hairs in the back - yuck!) but the rest of the hotel was immaculate so it may have just been a neglectful member of staff. Also my bath supplies weren't replenished but my colleague's I noticed were! The room had a coffee machine which was welcomed.
Bed was "out-of-this-world" comfy! But as I had jetlag I didn't get as much sleep as I would have liked!
The hotel has great restaurant facilities - Starbucks in particular was great. I ate breakfast at the hotel only one morning and it was perfectly fine. I also ordered room service one night and it was also good. Staff are extremely helpful. The concierge sorted cabs for me in a second.
Conference facilities were mediocre but I work in the industry so am particularly fussy.
Would I stay again? On business yes, otherwise no - it's way too impersonal for a holiday.

• Liked — Convenience
  • Disliked — Room needed renovating, felt a little tired
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Malvern, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2007

This was my second stay at the Wardman Park Hotel. The room was great, nice flat Screen TV, great desk and king size bed was very comfortable. Usually I stay at the Omni Shoreham, but they were booked. I really likes this hotel and will stay there again. Beware though it is a very big hotel and you have to walk quite allot to get around. But it is very close the Metro and neighborhood restaurants. Overall, nice stay.

• Liked — Location relative to Metro
  • Disliked — How big it was
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel? Share your experiences!