First the good stuff: the room was *exceptionally* clean, the beds were comfortable, the atmosphere was rather quiet, and the front desk was very helpful. The metro is *right there* and truly couldn't be more convenient. There are many very nice restaurants directly across the street (as well as McDonalds and other fast food, if you just want something quick/cheap). It's easy to get to the hotel coming from the northeast; you don't have to go into the city. Now, the not so good: the parking garage is under construction, and it was difficult to figure out how to park (you have to go around the block to the back of the hotel). Once we parked, it was then equally difficult to find the front desk, and then to find the tower we needed to go to in order to get to our room. It literally was an hour from when we arrived at the hotel until we actually made it to our room. There's a cafe, which is supposed to be open at 6 am, but the morning I tried to get a coffee there, they didn't manage to open until after 6:30 and the staff wasn't terribly friendly. On checkout, they charged me for two days of valet parking, when we self-parked (though the front desk easily removed it from my bill), and then when we tried to leave the parking lot, the attendant tried to charge us an additional 93.00 for parking. I had to dig through my bags to find my bill to prove that it was already paid -- it was kind of annoying. Overall, and even though there were some minor complaints, this is a very nice hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you arrive at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park, you'll find a charming neighborhood in the heart of Washington, DC filled with amazing restaurants and quaint shops. Just a few steps away, you'll discover the funky stores and ethnic cuisine of Adams Morgan or the exciting night life of Dupont Circle. Head north to hear the sounds of animals coming from the National Zoo. Or venture into the hotel's natural surroundings to enjoy a quiet hike or invigorating run through Rock Creek Park. With a Metro stop just outside the doors and area airports close by, it's a premier city destination just two Metro stops from everything DC has to offer. We believe that brilliant meetings begin with brilliant space and offer an astounding 195,000 square feet of versatile space that can be customized for groups of all sizes. It's an unmatched place to meet where accommodating venues and equally helpful planners can bring any groups unique ideas to life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott and Despegar.com so you can book your Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel Washington Dc
- Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
- Marriott Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Marriott