We traveled here with our kids so this review is geared for that experience. Suffice it to say, if you are travelling as a couple or for business then you already know that overall Fairmont can be counted on to provide a comfortable trip. The DC Fairmont is everything you would expect from Fairmont, clean, luxurious, and great service. We stayed in a corner suite that was huge, perfect for our family travel needs.
The property is in upper edge of the NW DC business district, bordering a Georgetown neighborhood. You can walk to the Foggy Bottom metro(blue-orange lines) on 23rd, after crossing Pennsy Ave near GWU. Its about 4 city blocks, safe and easy for adults, harder for little tikes, stroller necessary. About the same walking distance to cafe/quick serve outlets too. You will do a bit more walking to get to the mall, museums, other tourist spots, and subway transit when compared to other hotels in NW DC.
The hotel lobby is spacious with plenty of seating, grab a beverage or appetizer to relax outside your room in comfort. There is a courtyard area also, good for warmer nights. The restaurant is gourmet, 4-stars maybe. It had a great breakfast for families, dinner was well prepared if not small portioned. Not great spot for dinner with kids, but it will do in a tight schedule if you do not prefer room service. We did have an excellent experience with room service that beat the experience at dinner. There are many excellent choices on the room service menu.
The indoor pool area, with a hot-tub and 3-lane swimming pool, is just ok. But its attached to the work out room and day spa, so not everyone was excited to see my 3 young kids giggling and acting like kids in there. We enjoyed a short swim nonetheless.
In sum, this luxury property has everything you need for a family or business trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sunlit urban oasis that soothes the spirit, the Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown is authentically local from its airy "bringing the outside in" design by renowned architect Vlastimil Koubek, to its celebrated cuisine by Juniper Chef Ian Bens and resident beekeeper who is continually creating seasonal and innovative dishes using ingredients from nearby farms.Our luxury Washington, D.C. hotel offers 415 spacious guest rooms and suites that will provide you with a welcome retreat. Try a relaxing visit to our hotel’s large health club and indoor pool or sit outside with your laptop or book in our serene courtyard garden. Whether here for business or your annual family vacation, we understand that your visit to Washington is important. During this important time, our goal is to help create wonderful memories for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Jetsetter, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairmont Washington Dc
- Fairmont Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairmont