“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Fairmont Washington DC

Save Saved
You added The Fairmont Washington DC to your Saves list
The Fairmont Washington DC
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2401 M St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Formerly The Monarch Hotel) (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #8 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Very nice hotel with friendly staff. Great location. This may seem strange, but the quick elevators made this a five. I've stayed in too many hotels where the elevators were slow and creaky. What a great change. My daughters really enjoyed being near the WWF. It was an easy walk to the metro for sightseeing.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
FWDC, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Washington DC, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for the great comments. We love being located next to the World Wild Life Fund - a great organization. Looking forward to your next visit.

1,247 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Love DC...usually stay right in town...wanted something different. Decided to stay at the Fairmont because of all the wonderful reviews. Well the reviews were right. The service, hospitality, clean hudge rooms...beautiful. lobby..everything...one of the nicest hotels I ever stayrd in...the Juniper restaurant for breakfast was top notch. I cant wait to go back again. It was my birthday and they treated me with chocolate covered srawberries and sparkling water...fresh clean bathrobes and slippers...I was in heaven..on weekends they have "afternoon tea"...how cute (you have to make reservations for that)...I love this hotel...everyone was so warm and always had smiles on their faces...Cant say enough...

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
FairmontDC, Manager at The Fairmont Washington DC, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Cece59, this review truly captures what we aim for as a hotel. We love exceeding guests' expectations and are pleased we were able to do that with you!

We love that you pointed out the smiles on our staffs' faces. Everyone here truly enjoys their job and it shows. We hope to be able to celebrate another birthday with you!
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stayed at the Fairmont while I was in washington last month and what an experience. The staff were more than helpful with everything I needed and the rooms were amazing. Lots of size and well appointed. The hotel was quite and inviting and I would have to say that the highlight of the stay was the afternoon live piano with a drink after a long days work. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
FWDC, Public Relations Manager at The Fairmont Washington DC, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We hope you will come back and visit soon.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I found the hotel perfectly comfortable, providing a high level of service as would be expected at this price point. My room was spacious, though I did not care for the view into the office building across a narrow alley, and I didn't hear any noise from within the hotel when I was in my room, which is important to me. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was spotless. The bathroom felt a bit dated and the shower curtain blew in on me unless the bathroom door was fully closed. I spent a fair amount of time working in my room and found plenty of electrical outlets to support all of my many devices. Room service was prompt and friendly, and they have a nice way of leaving the bill so you can decide whether or not to add an extra tip in private. The wifi was fast, but I must note that there is a daily charge for wifi - unreasonable in this day and age. It was easily avoided by joining the hotel's free loyalty program. The front desk staffer told me that while it might take a few days to process my membership and I should go ahead and select the "charge it to my room option" when accessing wireless, the charges would not show up on the bill. In my experience, this sort of assurance usually guarantees that the amount will show up on the bill and it will take a request to have them removed. But the Fairmont came through - the charges did not appear and I did not have to make an extra trip to the front desk upon checkout. I would be happy to return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stay overnight in DC at least 8 - 12 times per year for work and of all the hotels I have stayed in this one is probably one of the best! The rooms are spacious, services is excellent, good location, and without a doubt one of the cleanest properties in the area.

For the same money the Fairmont wins every time!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was here for two nights, for a meeting. I was unexpectedly upgraded to a corner room with a nice sitting area. Modern, well appointed and maintained room. Excellent service from the front desk, and a very good location.

Stays like this are why Fairmont is becoming one of my preferred hotel brands now. Good for business, fair price, not too flashy for an expense report.

My only concern were a bunch of minibar charges (that I hadn't incurred) added to the bill after departure. I would have called to complain, but honestly the time on the phone, explaining, etc. wasn't worth the time or money. But I wonder if this is a pattern that the manager should look into

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

A standard 5+ star hotel that have tried to add some local touches with their own honey, local produce, honey Martini etc. competing at this level I would like to see even more uniqueness. Nice breakfast, however I preferred the menu over the buffet as it (the buffet) was a little limited. Great restaurant and concierge staff, mixed experiences with the front desk. Note it takes special arrangement to get a limo service, and the BMW 7 series they brag about does not provide service to the airport (don't understand why not)

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing to back building as there noise from deliveries at night