I found the hotel perfectly comfortable, providing a high level of service as would be expected at this price point. My room was spacious, though I did not care for the view into the office building across a narrow alley, and I didn't hear any noise from within the hotel when I was in my room, which is important to me. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was spotless. The bathroom felt a bit dated and the shower curtain blew in on me unless the bathroom door was fully closed. I spent a fair amount of time working in my room and found plenty of electrical outlets to support all of my many devices. Room service was prompt and friendly, and they have a nice way of leaving the bill so you can decide whether or not to add an extra tip in private. The wifi was fast, but I must note that there is a daily charge for wifi - unreasonable in this day and age. It was easily avoided by joining the hotel's free loyalty program. The front desk staffer told me that while it might take a few days to process my membership and I should go ahead and select the "charge it to my room option" when accessing wireless, the charges would not show up on the bill. In my experience, this sort of assurance usually guarantees that the amount will show up on the bill and it will take a request to have them removed. But the Fairmont came through - the charges did not appear and I did not have to make an extra trip to the front desk upon checkout. I would be happy to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sunlit urban oasis that soothes the spirit, the Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown is authentically local from its airy "bringing the outside in" design by renowned architect Vlastimil Koubek, to its celebrated cuisine by Juniper Chef Ian Bens and resident beekeeper who is continually creating seasonal and innovative dishes using ingredients from nearby farms.Our luxury Washington, D.C. hotel offers 415 spacious guest rooms and suites that will provide you with a welcome retreat. Try a relaxing visit to our hotel’s large health club and indoor pool or sit outside with your laptop or book in our serene courtyard garden. Whether here for business or your annual family vacation, we understand that your visit to Washington is important. During this important time, our goal is to help create wonderful memories for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your The Fairmont Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairmont Washington Dc
- Fairmont Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairmont