We were in Washington D.C. in April 2012 for a few days vacation. We were fortunate enough to get an upgrade of a room at the Fairmont. It is a modern hotel with an historic feel. The lounge in the lobby is a great spot for a night cap and a quick bite of some locally produced food. The Juniper Restaurant has a great menu and you can dine outside in the quadrangle or in the nicely decorated dining room. The hotel is an easy walk to the Foggy Bottom subway stop. The subway is a great way to get around pretty much anywhere in the city. You can easily get to the Fairmont from the Reagan International Airport by subway. The hotel is near a neat little breakfast place just a half block south. There is a grocery store about a block and a half away called Trader Joe's where you can pick up a little something for the room.
Fairmont Hotels are great choices when you travel. I recommend that you join the Fairmont President's Club so that you can take advantage of the extras available. It doesn't take many stays before you make your way to the higher tiers of the programme.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sunlit urban oasis that soothes the spirit, the Fairmont Washington, D.C., Georgetown is authentically local from its airy "bringing the outside in" design by renowned architect Vlastimil Koubek, to its celebrated cuisine by Juniper Chef Ian Bens and resident beekeeper who is continually creating seasonal and innovative dishes using ingredients from nearby farms.Our luxury Washington, D.C. hotel offers 415 spacious guest rooms and suites that will provide you with a welcome retreat. Try a relaxing visit to our hotel’s large health club and indoor pool or sit outside with your laptop or book in our serene courtyard garden. Whether here for business or your annual family vacation, we understand that your visit to Washington is important. During this important time, our goal is to help create wonderful memories for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Fairmont Washington Dc
- Fairmont Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Fairmont