I needed a hotel within the government rate in DC and my usual hotel was full. My travel agent found The Churchill in the same area at the necessary rate. I was very pleasantly surprised.
Embassy area, right on Connecticut Ave.
Plenty of good restaurants in the area (hotel has its own restaurant but I didn't try it this trip).
Very nice room.
The staff are superb, friendly and competent.
Directly across from the Hilton and costs a lot less.
It is smack in the middle between the Dupont Circle metro and the Woodley Park/Zoo metro stations on Connecticut Ave. That's really the ONLY downside is that if you metro in/around DC you have to walk a few blocks first. I actually think this is relatively minor because I like walking and this helped me get my exercise in the for the day. I could see this being a problem if you had kids in tow or were mobility impaired. There are buses and taxis readily available, however.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For more than a century, the Churchill Hotel, situated on Connecticut Avenue near the Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan neighborhoods, has been home to a long list of diplomats, dignitaries, politicians, business travelers, and prominent families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Churchill Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Churchill Hotel Washington Dc
- Churchill Hotel Washington Dc
- Churchill Washington Dc