My wife and I (and many friends, in separate rooms) stayed here for a weekend wedding in the area. The hotel is historic and comfortable feeling, without being rundown. Our room was very small, but did have a good sized bathroom. The suite a friend had was very large, with a comfortable sitting area, but had a tiny bathroom. Depending on your priorities, that seems to be the choice in room types. The turn down service was pretty poor in my opinion. Our bed was sloppily made at 4pm, and only after a call down to the front desk. There was also trash left in our room, despite us not being messy people. The rehearsal dinner and day after brunch were held at the hotel, and the food was pretty good. Our wedding rate made the hotel very affordable, but I feel that the size of the room and turn down service would lead me to stay elsewhere next time I am in DC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For more than a century, the Churchill Hotel, situated on Connecticut Avenue near the Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan neighborhoods, has been home to a long list of diplomats, dignitaries, politicians, business travelers, and prominent families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Churchill Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Churchill Hotel Washington Dc
- Churchill Hotel Washington Dc
- Churchill Washington Dc