“Wonderful way to see the Potomoc and sights.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #58 of 157 Activities in Washington DC
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy live music, dining, exceptional service and monumental views. Cruising year-round from the Gangplank Marina, Odyssey offers brunch, lunch, dinner and holiday cruises like Father's Day, plus all sorts of specialty cruises.
Hope, Indiana
12 attraction reviews
“Wonderful way to see the Potomoc and sights.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I took this cruise for something different for the evening. The food was awesome and we were waited on at our table. Dinner consisted of a first course, main entree, and a dessert. Water, tea and coffee were provided and pop and alcoholic beverages were available for purchase. The band that played was great. They played to the crowd and had no problem getting down and dancing during breaks. The view from outside was beautiful. We also celebrated my husband's birthday which was announced. Bruce was absolutely amazing. They will try and sell your pics taken when you board. We bought one just for memories!

Visited October 2013

Glenn Dale, Maryland
“Smooth Sailing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary on The Odyssey. Wonderful time. Great food, outstanding staff and a great tour of the waterfront sites of Washington DC. I would recommend this cruise to lovers, families or tourist looking for a few hours on the water.
George C (Maryland)

Purdue-Indiana
15 attraction reviews
“Something different for a night out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I’ll state up front that I went on this dinner cruise that came as part of the registration for a conference, so I didn’t pay (looks like from online prices are $50-90, but probably less for large groups, of which I was a part). The ship is quite large, easily accommodating our crowd of over 300. It’s basically divided into two areas, each with dining and a dance floor (we had two bands/DJs playing the whole evening). The one bottleneck is in the middle where the kitchen is, as well as the restrooms (if you accidentally walk into the kitchen area, they will escort you to the restroom). The bands were good, one played more of a jazz set, while the other did more pop tunes and then switched to disco as the dancers hit the floor…. They did a great job of playing to the audience and the floor was packed at the end of the trip. The food was set up buffet style and had three kinds of meat (fish, chicken, beef), a few veggies (salad, broccoli, green beans), and pasta (potatoes, macaroni)—presumably something for everybody, although not what I would say was high end gourmet. The only dessert I saw was a delicious looking chocolate cake (there may have been more), but I didn’t partake. And I have to confess that I was networking and only went outside twice briefly during the three hour trip, but you can see a few of the monuments from the water, whether inside or out, as there is seating in both. The staff were incredibly friendly and polite, and at the end you sort of walk a gauntlet of people thanking you and insisting that you take a chocolate cookie to go. If you’re planning an event for a group of people and the cost is hidden in, or subsidized by, the registration, you’ll have a group of happy people.

Houston, Texas
8 attraction reviews
“Great way to tour the Potomac DC Area by water!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We did a dinner cruise and it was very nice, the food was very good (we had the short ribs) the wine list offer a good variety at fair prices and the service staff was really excellent and very attentive. The small band with a great vocalist were great and provided good dance music throughout the evening. Arrive around 7pm, cast off at 8pm and return at 11pm, a fine evening on the Potomac! We will do their luncheon day cruise next to be able to see more of the sights on the river. Check with their office because if the river is high, they cannot go under the bridges and go south instead. They do try to sell everything, photos, special packages, special seating, you name it... but no worries, they take a 'no thanks' very well.... Around $100 plus wine per person, not too bad since it is a cruise in a 240 foot long riverboat with a 63 foot beam!

Hernando Beach, Florida, United States
8 attraction reviews
“Traveling down River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We went in May with my in-laws for a weekend trip. Booked this as a brunch and tour down the Potomac river. The view from inside the garden like windows allowed us to stay at our dining table and listen to the narration of the sights we were passing. I got up and walked the outside perimeter a few times for photos (it was a cool day). The food was really good, even a chocolate fountain with all the fruit and dessert trimmings. There were 2 bands - one on each end of the boat (inside the dining rooms). The day was really great in that we got to see from the river the different monuments and hear about each along with food and music. The Odyssey Cruise was a great way to see the area in a different way. I highly recommend it!! There are also night cruises to do....

Visited May 2013