“wasn't quiet enough. heard noise and other showers running...” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #119 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We rented 20 rooms for a sports event. When we got there the rooms weren't ready. We had to wait a few hours to get our rooms. I had red a few reviews about bed bugs but wasn't sure if it was true. Once I got my room, my nightmare began. The room was clean but the bed sheets were full of holes .... and YES THERE WAS BED BUGS ! I left the room immediately and rented a room across the street at the Fairfield Inn & Suites (Marriott). Other people from my group had problems with bed bugs and even cockroaches ! This place is horrible !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Montpelier, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

A basic motel, on a noisy road (ear plugs essential), but the room was clean, the beds comfy and clean too. Stayed for two nights and the free shuttle into Washington was great. The driver knows all the back routes meaning that even in rush hour traffic we were quickly at Union Station. Breakfast is basic, but coffee and a bagel is all we needed. Not the best place we've ever stayed, but does what it says on the tin!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_DaysInnGateway, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Gateway, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
I would like to take this opportunity to Thank You for staying with us at the Days Inn Gateway in Washington D.C. Our Hotel is indeed located on the busy side of Washington D.C. where it borders Maryland and we do apologize for any inconvenience the noise may have caused you to have during your stay.

Thank You for mentioning the clean and comfortable rooms that we have at our hotel. At the Days Inn Gateway, we pride ourselves on cleanliness in each room along with convenience for the each of the guest staying with us. Please know that your comments are important to us as we continue to strive for excellence.

Regards,
Paul Tse
Front Office Manager
Moline
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights. It was very much worth the rate. The room was clean and the surrounding was peaceful. I would definitely stay there again with family. The shuttle to the Union Station is a plus. The chinese restaurent with the hotel, though expensive, is good also. Another plus point is the gas station just next to it. You can get water and soda for the usual price there. There is a good variety of breakfast items. The lobby is a little stuffy but that may be because they are renovationg the hotel. The stuff is friendly and the lady who looks after the breakfast place was really nice and got me tea and water when I asked for them. Good job guys!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

GM_DaysInnGateway, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Gateway, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time out to comment on your stay with us at the Days Inn Gateway in Washington D.C.

We are always happy to hear when our staff is doing a magnificent staff to please our guest. Our goal for this hotel is to make it a comfortable and convenient place to stay for each and everyone of our guest and with the Days Inn shuttle; we find it easy for our guest to easily travel into downtown by utilizing our transportation. Thank you for complimenting our Chinese Restaurant, Panda Gourmet, which is located inside the hotel near the lobby. It was recently featured in the Washington Post Cheap Eats section where they got a chance to display their Szechwan style of cooking to the public.

We hope that you have a chance to visit Washington D.C and choose to stay with us again.

Regards,

Paul T.
Front Desk Manager
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I arrived at the days Inn gateway in D.C. a couple of hours before check-In, but the desk clerk was very helpful in finding me a room and allowing me to check-in early, but the great experience stopped right there.
Once in my room, I noticed the room was very old and in bad need of paint. The tub had what appeared to be parmanate stains. There was some type of glue, or sticky substance on one of the comforters, and the carpet was very grimy so I removed the top cover and kept socks or shoes on at all times...
Fast forward to the next morning's breakfast. No joke, the menu was Frosted Flakes or Raisin Brand cereal. Mini sweet rolls, mini plain bagels, coffee with sugar or sweet-n-low, whole or 2% milk, apple or cranberry juice. Notice that there was no butter or margarine. No spread for the bagels, no tea, pretty much no anything... So I skipped it altogether and opted for Duncan Donuts next door.
The next morning while preparing to dress and head out, I noticed an Iron board but no Iron. I called the front desk and was told that the irons were there and I would have to go to the lobby to get one and also leave a deposit... Yes for an iron. Did I mention that I had to go outside and back to the front of the hotel to get to the lobby.
There were people hanging outside of my room all hours of the night for two straight nights... It was so bad that I refused to stay my last night. I decided my safety was worth more than the money I forefeited... I went back early the next morning and check out...
It left such a bad taste in my mouth, that I doubt I will ever stay in another days inn again..When you are in unfamiliar surroundings, you at the very least want to feel safe. I did not.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business