“DC Visit” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #118 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
SALTER POINT NA
“DC Visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Hotel facilities good albeit a bit tired. Huge restaurant poorly staffed but food (oriental) OK and large serves. Shuttle service excellent. Internet service appallingly bad. Very slow, reception in room inadequate - had to stand outside the room for average reception. Clearly inadeqaute bandwidth for the demand being placed on it. Road access difficult due to location relevant to roads which are extremely busy. OK if you're heading into DC but otherwise requires long detours.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

GM_DaysInnGateway, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Gateway, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for taking this time out and writing a review of your stay. We apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying due to the slow internet service during your stay. Our goal is to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, please know that your comments and issues were addressed. Again, thank you for your comments and it is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Merrill, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Me and my friends stayed at this hotel when we past by D.C. The staff was really friendly and the area had really convenient access to the city. The hotel had free Wifi and even had a free shuttle to Union Station which was just great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
GM_DaysInnGateway, General Manager at Days Inn Gateway, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for staying with us and for your review. We're really happy that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We appreciate you mentioning our room cleanliness and our kind guest service staff, in which we are proud of. We take pride in guest services and making sure each guest stay is satisfactory.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope that you will have the chance to come back and enjoy another stay with us on your next visit in Washington DC.

Mike S.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I wanted somewhere that was quiet and out of the city. We stumbled across this hotel from off the highway. Once we walked in, the front desk staff were nice and very informative about the area. The double bed room that we got was very spacious and the bathroom was clean. The best thing about this hotel is the price!!! They offer free shuttle, free wifi, and free breakfast. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the front desk. you'll have better access to wifi. :)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GM_DaysInnGateway, General Manager at Days Inn Gateway, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Frank Y, Thank you for staying with us at the Days inn Gateway and submitting a review. We are glad to hear that we could accommodate your needs while you were visiting Washington DC area.

Thank you for mentioning about our informative staff services; our room cleanliness and our continental style breakfast which is complimentary; I’m very proud of our team. We hope that you will have the chance to come back and enjoy another stay with us on your next visit in Washington DC.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I found some stains on the dressers and there was an old urine stain on the sheets. They had been washed, but it was still visable. We were checked in and found out there was no elevators. I went up the stairs to the second floor only to notice that the pool was out of order. There were weird people in the parking lot at all hours, shouting and being loud. I could hear everyone walking up and down the stairs. When I had an issue with a delivery of food, they were no help. Didn't want to listen. I asked the desk clerk to call a taxi, which she did. She told us the wait would be fifteen to twenty minutes, closer to thirty-five. The driver was no a liscended taxi driver, just someone she had called. (Beware of any taxi in DC, they are all insane drivers) The road close is very busy and almost impossiable to get across. The only thing close to eat is fast food like McDonald's and Checkers. Overall, I would even stay here another night if I hadn't already paid.

Room Tip: Do not have your windows open or try to sleep with no sounds in your room. People outside will keep...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
staffordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

When we arrived we were promptly checked in and informed we could have free breakfast and free shuttle into the centre.

We found our room to be an excellent standard for the $103 per night. Room had great new mattress and coffee machine. Everywhere clean and tidy.

Too far from centre to walk but free shuttle bus very good. Breakfast was simple, tea/coffee/juice, toast, pastrys and muffins.

Only only complaint is that it was far too noisy and no attempt was made by staff to stop parties and shouting which went on til 3am. As a group in our 20's we don't mind some noise but it was so crazy.

Would recommend to others

• Stayed April 2012
GM_DaysInnGateway, General Manager at Days Inn Gateway, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the time you took in writing this review of your stay here at the Days Inn Gateway. First, I'm glad to hear that we could accommodate you while you stayed in Washington DC. Thank you for complimenting our clean rooms and the new mattresses we got in a majority of our rooms. We're planning on replacing a lot of them so that each guest's stay can be as comfortable as yours. I would like you to know that since you last stayed with us, we've upgraded our breakfast even more by providing guests with fresh apples and oranges in the morning and overall more of a variety selection to start their morning. Lastly, we do apologize for the noise coming from the surrounding areas of the hotel. Please know that the issue with the noise control has been addressed and we are committed to making this a quiet and comfortable stay for all of our guest.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 202-832-5800.

New Haven, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I was gonna book this hotel for 2 nights but I had a change of heart after my 1st night.. The toilet was stopped up and the shower was draining real slow. I called front desk about my issues and I was told they didn't have no on-call maintenance and I had to wait til 9 the next morning. remind you check out is 11 maintenance came bout 10:30 smh. The area isn't good neither. Our room was on the 1st level while unpacking our car there was a guy on 2nd flr yeling at us to see if we had a cigarette. This is the 2nd Days Inn I had problems with. I'm so done with this chain no more Days Inn for me. And this room was booked thru hotels.com and they told me the reviews were alright. Wrong I'm not sure if I would use there services neither

Room Tip: Don't use this hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Buenos Aires, Argentina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

I was looking for a very budget hotel. I know that you get what you pay for but this hotel was below average:
- location is really bad. It is very far away from Washington D.C. places of interest, although you have a free shuttle that will take you to central station, where you can connect with major metro lines. You have no places around to go as it is in the middle of roads.

- rooms are just to sleep and get a shower, don't ask for more. Clean was so-so.

- service is non existant. Front office staff was not very helpful when having a problem.

- only advisable for men travelling on low budgets. Absolutely not recommended for women travelling alone or in group.

- the rooms are all accesible from outside and there is no security, so it is not safe against intruders.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Gateway? Share your experiences!