“Great location, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.

You added The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. to your Saves list
The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2350 M Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #32 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Great location, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Great hotel in the heart of DC. Walking distance to Georgetown, the White House, and many other DC monuments. I have spent several weeks here on business, and have enjoyed the proximity to running trails, nearby restaurants, and friendly staff. Deenny and Abdel, the valets, have been especially helpful. Will definitely continue to stay here for my travels.

Only complaint is that the elevators smell weird.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Lauren_pully,

Thank you for taking the time to revieus on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased that you stayed with us and had a nice time. Deenny an Abdel do a great job for us and we get positive feeback about them all the time. I will share your review with them. Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon.

Peter Yeung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Hotel was fine with a few brown stains on the bed cover but the front desk is a deal breaker. At 2:40p I was told my room was not ready and I would be called when ready. I also asked if Internet was included and told YES.

A hot a humid day (end of June) I walked the local area until after 6p, not receiving a phone call I returned to find the room was available shortly after I left, they had forgotten to call. The nest day I had a $12 fee for internet, complained and told it was removed. On checkout the next day I had two internet charges. Had both removed by the person stating she was a supervisor (you are doing a bad job as your staff does not listen) she referred to it as a "communication problem", no, it is your staff giving lib service and not caring what their supervisor says.

Room Tip: STAY ON THEM, this is a "niceness will get you no-place" hotel
Green Features: I met no-one friendly and competent. They were doing me favors. Felt like an unwanted house guest.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Robert S.,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. There is no excuse as to why we did not call you back when your room was ready. I will review your notes with our front desk team to help us improve. In addition, you should not have to deal with the internet charges if they were a part of your room rate. I can certainly understand your frustration. Thank you again for letting us know and if you should come back to the DC area, we hope that you give us another opportunity to make things right for you.

Director of Operations
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We had a wonderful stay and it all started with the balloon surprise and hospitality gifts for my 3 year old daughter. This little detail really made it easier for her to giggle, laugh, play, and get over the long flight and time change.

Every person that we had contact with were all very gracious and polite and I appreciate the extra environmental steps that Westin has taken recently.

Green Features: Choose to not have your room cleaned daily and get added Starwood Points or a drink/food voucher. Finally a hotel that supports those that conserve.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Wayne C.,

We do believe that it is getting all the little things right that equal to a great stay. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to put a smile on your Daugther face. I wish I was there to see it. We are so please that you had a great time and if your travels brings you back, we hope you will stay with us again.

New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Was in DC for business - extended stay for the weekend to see the sites. The hotel is beautiful. This part of DC is nice and has a cool, young neighborhood feel - Trader Joes close by and hotel within walking distance of all of the sites. Check out District Taco for quick lunch and Founding Farmers for dinner if you can get a reservation.

Room Tip: We got room 434 on the Preferred Guest wing. Was lovely.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Engee,

Thank you for your Feedback on Trip Advisor. I have been meaning to try out the New District Taco Restaurant and your review just gave me the motivation. Thank for the recommendation. We are glad that you had a great stay with us and we hope you see you in the near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We checked into the Westin Georgetown for a birthday weekend away, and our experience was lovely. A personal notecard, chocolate truffles and Prosecco were waiting for us upon arrival, courtesy of Lana Kim, and the service was fantastic throughout the weekend. What's more, the accommodations were stylish and comfortable, and the location was top-notch. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Our courtyard view room was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ATWtravel622,

Happy Birthday! Thank you for letting us celebrate with you. I will share your review with Lana. She will have the satisfaction of knowing that you had a nice Birthday visit. See you next year!

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Great hotel! Husband and I spent a long Memorial day weekend here and we really enjoyed our stay. The location could not be better: short walking distance to Foggy Bottom subway station and you can easily get to National Mall, Smithsonian museums etc. and in the evenings you can walk to M street and Wisconsin avenue with plenty of shopping and restaurants. You are also close to the upscale Washington Harbor with wonderful restaurants (Nick's Riverside grill etc.) and people watching...
We came from Reagan Intl airport directly to the hotel with a shuttle bus and could check into our hotel even though it was just 10:30 am. The room was accommodating, spacious and very clean. Spotless white clean room with fresh scent. The king size bed was so comfortable and has a lot of pillows. It made us feel as if we were sleeping on a cloud. The rooms are super quiet, never heard a thing.
The gorgeous bathroom was spacious, and had a separate bath and shower. A lot of counter space for all your cosmetics etc.
We didn’t have much of a view on the 4th floor (the opposite building) but it really didn’t matter since we were out all day walking around and exploring the sights.
We didn’t have breakfast at the hotel but walked in the mornings to four different coffee shops (Brueggers Bagels, Bread and Chocolate downtown etc.) and had bagels with fried eggs and bacon. The room has a little coffee maker with complimentary coffee.
One curiosity is the downstairs restaurant Bodega that has free salsa lessons every Friday. It is worth while just to take a look and see couples dancing! Trader Joe’s is on the 25th street so if you feel like buying something to snack in the evenings it is just a couple of blocks from the hotel. In the lobby they were serving complimentary water with fresh fruit. It was very good after walking all day in the heat. They also have daily newspaper and you can print your boarding passes for free in the business room.
We had waited for a long time to get to visit Washington DC and staying at this Westin hotel made is even more special. We had a fantastic experience in this Georgetown gem and would recommend this hotel to anyone with similar interests into sightseeing and evening walks.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear SailingCouple12,

We are so pleased that after waiting a long time to visit DC, we were able to be a part of it and made it special for you. Thank you for the detailed feedback on Trip Advisor. We hope that you do not wait too long before you come back.

Be Well,
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is a lovely property and a great location. I got a very good deal on a discounted booking site. I went to my room and there was a leak of some sort that left the carpet soaking wet. Instead of realizing I should immediately be relocated, they decided to "send someone up". I waited and waited and finally realized that I could not stay in the room with soaked carpet regardless of the origin of their issue and asked for another room. That was their job. Explained the service concern to front desk staff and they didn't seem to grasp the concept.
Lovely drive area where people arrive and generally a couple of doormen. Never once had the experience of having them open the door. I would stay again for the discounted rate but service is much better at many other places.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear MeinColorado,

Thank you for your feed back on Trip Advisor. I hope that we were able to move you to another room. I must agree with you....I would not stay in a room with wet carpet either. We are not use to getting negative feedback about our Bell Staff. They try very hard to open the door, greet our guests, and accomodate everyone coming in and out; unfortuneately sometimes a few guests do get by them. I will share your Trip advisor review with them. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon to give us another chance.

Peter Yeung

Been to The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.

Address: 2350 M Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037
#20 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#24 Family Hotel in Washington DC
#28 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
#33 Business Hotel in Washington DC
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:4 star — The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. 4*
Feel Better when you leave than when you arrived! A short walk or subway ride to The White House, Georgetown's shops and restaurants, the Kennedy Center, and Dupont Circle. The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. Is a refreshing choice for travel! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Westin Georgetown, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
Westin Hotel Washington Dc
Westin Washington Dc
Washington Dc Westin

If you own or manage The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.