“Great stay with family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.

You added The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. to your Saves list
The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2350 M Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #31 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
NYC
“Great stay with family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We just completed an excellent weekend stay at the Westin Georgetown. My wife and I were in town for a wedding and had our 18-month son with us. The hotel is a busy one, but the service level was consistently good. In addition, our room was very nice and spacious (the 1-bedroom King suites are worth a splurge).

Most impressive was Lana Kim, the Stay Ambassador. She reached out in advance of our stay to ask how she could help and then followed through with getting us a quiet and spacious room, per my request. Lana went above and beyond to make sure that we were well taken care of. In addition, the front desk was able to hold our room and accommodate a late check-in when we were delayed in traffic.

All in all, a wonderful stay. The hotel is also great for work travel (I had stayed a few times before as well).

Room Tip: 1-bedroom/King suites are worth the splurge
Green Features: Green hotel, made it easy to make the right choice about lights/towels, etc without skimping on service
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear BizTraveller98,

Thank you for your "gift" of feedback. We are please that you had a great stay with your Family. Lana Kim is our Stay Ambassador and she does a great job. We will pass your comments alone her. Be Well and we hope to see you again for the next wedding or what ever brings you back to the DC area.

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Nice, modern, well-appointed rooms. Quiet rooms can be found on the interior of the hotel facing the courtyard overlooking the pool (not sure if it's the hotel's or another entity's). Efficient, friendly service. Would stay again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was a nice hotel but for the price I wouldn't suggest it since you have several other options surrounding it. We stayed for two nights in October for a wedding since it was part of the wedding blocks and transportation was going to be provided to/from wedding events from this area. Check-in was easy and they were able to accommodate us at 9:30 am when we arrived. The room was what you would expect from a Westin, clean, nice bed. We just had a couple of issues like finding a bug in the robe they have for you in the room, one of the phones was broken and their night concierge person was clueless regarding their restaurant information. The manager was super helpful when I complained which was very nice and helpful. But if you like Westin hotels and their brand and like to know what to expect then I would suggest it but there isn't anything amazing or stand out about this particular hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear SuzKim,

Thank you for your feedback. I must agree with you that staying at a Hotel in Wsashington DC can be pricey depending on when you stay. We are sensitive to value and try to stay competitive with our pricing. We will also pass your other comments to our team and to our Linen cleaning company. We strive to deliver a great Hotel Experience for all our Guest and your feedback has helped. Take care and we hope to see you again in the future.

Jersey City / Metro NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was back in DC for fall leadership weekend up at Georgetown earlier this month. I try and stay at Westin Georgetown because it's convenient to the Hilltop and to Dupont Circle on foot or by taxi and I prefer Starwood Properties for non-business travel. I arrived early and since my room wasn't available, Vikram at the front desk suggested I have some breakfast and he would see what he could do. Turns out that half-way through breakfast, he came down to my table, told me he found a room with an upgrade, and gave me my room keys. The room was spacious and comfortable. Great service, check-in, room, and check-out experiences.

The only negative that I can point to is that the front door experience was choppy. Taxis were always readily available, but some of the doormen were quite snobby. I only say "some" because the doormen in the morning were lovely and helpful ...d opening the door as I approached. The doormen in the afternoon, especially those in the grey would take one look at me and not make a move to help me with the door. I'm a big boy and can open a door for myself, but if they're waiting for me to wave a tip at them before they decide to help me, then they can get lost.

Vikram and his efforts at check-in made this stay a great one.

All in all, solid repeat stay at the Westin Georgetown. I will be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear dcinjc,

Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback on TripAdvisor. Your positive comments and the ones about our evening Bellman were very helpful. We definitely do not want to send the wrong body language to any of our Guests and we will review your Comments with the whole Front Desk Team. Thank you for be a loyal guest and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Be Well,

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I booked the hotel for 3 nights [during the Govt shutdown :( ] in a convenient location on the east edge of Georgetown. Within a couple days, there was an email from the hotel offering to arrange anything for the visit. I arranged for a bottle of wine the first night and it all went smoothly. Great service throughout.

The room was spacious (Deluxe King room) and everything in good order. Doorman/concierge were great. I didn't partake of the workout room but it looked sufficient, and unfortunately the pool was closed for the season (which I was ok with). Room viewed the inner courtyard but there's not a lot to see from the room in the area so it doesn't matter.

Great pre-communication, good service throughout, and then a follow up email. They did a great job.

Room Tip: This is a quiet area, no issue with where the rooms are located.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Weekend with our daughter while she's a student at Georgetown U. Travel to DC often. Only the second time at this Westin. Was an unusually miserable experience so far. Arrived late. Tried their restaurant. It was 8:40PM in a Friday night and there were no other guests. Not a good sign. In attentive service even with only two tables of dinners. The scallops smelled fishy and the steak was thin and well done although end requested as medium rare. Just paid and left the restaurant. Have an amazingly small room. No towels or amenities. Staff said that must have been a late checkout and they had not had a chance to clean and restock. Front desk and management are not responsive or helpful. None of our subsequent experience was any better. I guess the management does not appear to feel any need to compete. Have stayed in dozens of hotels in DC. None have remotely been as bad as this one.

Stayed October 2013
Dear RonTomp,

Thank you for your feedback. The Restaurants in the Hotel are operated by a independent Restaurant Company. They do work close with the Hotel to create a great meal experience for all our guests. I will pass your comments to them. In addition, we appreciate your feedback about our Housekeeping services and we will review your comments with our Team. Thank you again for your Feedback.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We came to & NY celebrate our 25th anniversary. The 3 unforgettable nights in this hotel made our celebration even better.
The hotel did everything to let us fill special – they upgraded us to a superb suite – a huge one with a very nice decoration and an extremely comfortable bed. The bathroom was very big and convenient. The room was very quiet.
We liked the hotel location – very close to Georgetown and DuPont circle and in a walking distance of all key places such as the Mall.
The Check-in staff was very friendly and gave us good hints about the city.
Our package didn't include breakfast so we went to Bread and Chocolate at the corner.
We hope to return to this hotel to celebrate more anniversaries good as this one

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple