“Very Nice hotel - great conference facilities and food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.

Save Saved
You added The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. to your Saves list
The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2350 M Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #21 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York
“Very Nice hotel - great conference facilities and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for a conference. the rooms were wonderful, the staff very attentive, the banquet food was far above expectations and conference rooms were comfortable.
Personally I would not consider this in Georgetown but you could walk to Georgetown. There were always cabs available, which is a huge plus for DC hotels. i am not sure if this is regular or because the conference organizers made some special requests - I know that was the case one day when all attendees were heading to Capitol Hill.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Mary B,

Thank you for attending your conference at our Hotel. We are elated that you enjoyed the meetings and the Food served during them. We do have a designated cab stand and getting a cab never is an issue for our guests. We also offer pre-arranged Towncar and limo services if ever needed. Thank you for your feedback and hopefully you can come back for just fun.

Take Care,

995 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Rocky River, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here for a conference. The location was excellent not too far from the national mall and close to great shops. The hotel was great the staff was excellent. The room was great nice and clean and quiet.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear DanPedraza,

We are so pleased that you had a nice Conference at our Hotel. We hope it was not all work and that you had some time to see the City. Hope to see you again in the future.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The location is GREAT! Near DuPont Circle, near the Foggy Bottom Metro, near Georgetown per se, near Trader Joe's, near a 24-hour CVS, and I could go on and on and on.

We will be staying at the Westin Georgetown anytime we're in DC in the future.

That said, there were a couple of kinks. When we arrived in our room, I found a lovely view of the courtyard below - however, there was a greasy forehead print in the middle of the window, which completely grossed me out as we'd JUST arrived in the room for the first time - obviously, the print did not come from our foreheads! Yuck. And unfortunately, the forehead print stayed there for the entirety of our stay - five nights. The greasy print completely turned me off of looking out the window. Just, yuck. The other housekeeping item that we discovered upon checking in were three stowaways. Three large pubic hairs, in fact, in the commode room. Granted, they weren't visible unless you entered the room to use the toilet (and thus, shut the door), but they, also, remained with us through our entire stay. I know that the housekeeping staff most likely doesn't bother to close the commode door to check for "strays" much, but seeing the trio of pubic hairs there each time one used the commode was a bit disconcerting.

Next, a personal diatribe on behalf of women with long, thick hair everywhere: the huge (large, at least 8" square shower head) "rain-forest" shower head was horrible. There isn't a softer word for it: it stunk. Not enough pressure to penetrate thick hair, which means that my hair doesn't get completely wet and thus makes it hard to shampoo. Even harder to get the shampoo OUT. And forget about trying to condition, as the confounded thing is dripping water all over the top of your head (you can't really control the direction much) and thus washed away the conditioner. I declare, that shower took a verbal beating my first morning showering at the Westin. There is a little attachment that one could use, but honestly; that just added an additional five minutes to my shower time. All in all, a nice idea in theory but a ROYAL PAIN IN THE [--] in practice. Get RID of those stupid, useless shower heads. NOW. Rain shower? great, if it is the secondary shower head. As the only one available, it started all my mornings there off on a bad note. And forget about trying to shave in the shower underneath the darn thing. ARGH. Can you feel my frustration?

Back to the great: the staff, bar none, was exceptional. Every single staff member we encountered was above-and-beyond friendly and helpful. Great job!

We'll be back - and in the meantime, put normal shower heads in the bathrooms!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Georgetown during the end of July 2012 with my mother who was in town for business. This is a great hotel, ideally located with easy walking distance to Georgetown and the city centre. I had a great experience, the staff was friendly and helpful, especially Amadou and Deenny who make a fun team. Because my medicine needs to be stored somewhere cold, I needed an extra refrigerator and someone delivered it at the room within minutes of my asking in the reception, at no extra cost.
I really liked that the the gym had towels, water and fresh apples available, and I think the breakfast was good, although I think it should have been included. Loved the patio outside the breakfast room. I think the 10$ per day rate for wifi is a bit much, but as long as the rate is the same however the number of devices, it's ok. All in all a great hotel and will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Second visit in 18 months and once again the Westin Georgetown provided a very good combination of comfort, amenities and value. Very good bath and shower, great bed. The well equipped weight room was a step above the average hotel gym, with chilled towels and fresh fruit. Despite a $10/day wifi charge it is an excellent, lower-price alternative to the Park Hyatt across the street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I visited in August of 2008 while the hotel was under renovation. Loved the trademark Heavenly bed, loved the shower (so many hotels have issues with varying water temp & pressure), and the service was great. I would avoid DC in the swampy hot season, but we had a nice stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear MJBOmaha_NE,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review. I does get pretty humid in DC during the summer but it does not stop people from visiting. I do prefer the cooler weather myself. Thanks for staying with us and hope to see you back soon.

Parker, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

One of the gems in the D.C. area. The Westin brand of the SPG chain is showcased well in Georgetown. reat hotel and highly recommended for business travel.The bathrooms are especially comfortable with the double shower heads it's always a treat! The distictive Westin White Vanilla aroma always makes me feel like I'm home.

Room Tip: Most rooms are great. the only location I don't like is the corner above the main entrance - you...