“Nice hotel in the city” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.

Save Saved
You added The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. to your Saves list
The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2350 M Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #24 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Omaha, Nebraska
“Nice hotel in the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I visited in August of 2008 while the hotel was under renovation. Loved the trademark Heavenly bed, loved the shower (so many hotels have issues with varying water temp & pressure), and the service was great. I would avoid DC in the swampy hot season, but we had a nice stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear MJBOmaha_NE,

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review. I does get pretty humid in DC during the summer but it does not stop people from visiting. I do prefer the cooler weather myself. Thanks for staying with us and hope to see you back soon.

1,001 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Parker, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

One of the gems in the D.C. area. The Westin brand of the SPG chain is showcased well in Georgetown. reat hotel and highly recommended for business travel.The bathrooms are especially comfortable with the double shower heads it's always a treat! The distictive Westin White Vanilla aroma always makes me feel like I'm home.

Room Tip: Most rooms are great. the only location I don't like is the corner above the main entrance - you...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Luis T,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to comment on Trip advisor. Please reach out to us before your next visit and we will make sure you get the room type that best meets your needs. Take care and see you soon.

Peter Yeung,
Centennial
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We loved the hotel. The room was spacious and very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel is in a great location, you can walk to the metro station and be in any place in Washington D.C. in a matter of minutes. It is also walking distance to shopping and restaurants. The staff were accomodating and helpful. The valets in front of the hotel were a life saver for directions and a welth of information. This is for sure a four star hotel in all ways. The food is a little pricey, but there are enough restaurants in the area to enjoy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gloria H,

We are so pleased that you had a great stay. We appreciate the feed back. We have passed you comment about the food pricing to our Restaurant Partners. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Bay Area, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed at the hotel in January and found it to be perfect. Room had a large tub which was perfect after a long cold day on the Mall. Rain shower was nice as well. Large comfy bed, nice front desk staff and pretty central to DC. Used the parking which was $25-$30 overnight. Used the "Green" choice (no room cleaning) to pay for my mini-bar purchase. i would stay here again if the price was right (I got $89 rate, but average is much higher)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
SF Bay Area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our room was nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful, but the A/C never really seemed to work properly. No matter how many times I set it to 65, it never got there. So despite the very comfortable bed, I really couldn't sleep well at night. The soaking tub was lovely and it was nice to have coffee in the room.
It's an easy walk into Georgetown where you have several options for dinner. The restaurants in the hotel were fine, but nothing outstanding.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear EBtravelgirl,

Thank you for staying with us and giving us your feedback. Room Temperature and comfort for all our guests is important to us and we will pass on your feed back to our engineering team. As the temperatures begin to warm up in April, tuning up all our AC systems is our priority. Please forgive us for your less than perfect night sleep. Feel free to contact me. Take Care.

Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Perfect place to stay in Georgetown. You really can't beat the location. We were greeted by very friendly staff that helped us with our tons of bags since we had our twin infants with us. We had a king room and it was a good size for D.C. The staff quickly brought up two rollaway cribs without a lot of hassle. We also enjoyed the lounge downstairs for a late dinner/snack. I am looking forward to staying here again this Spring.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear CosmicChic,

Sounds like you had a great time. We are so elated. Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. We look forward to your next Visit. Please feel free to reach out to me personally next time you are in town. See you soon.

Langhorne, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I must say that this hotel ruined a very SPECIAL weekend for me and my new bride. Sloane Aureli was very kind and receptive and I appreciate the champagne and strawberries. Thats where the good parts end. The front desk staff was not very friendly at all. I had to ask to make a green choice, it was not offered. I asked for other parking options and was directed 10 blocks in one direction or 8 blocks in the other. Fact is there is at least 3 parking garages in a 3 block radius of the hotel. I was told upon check in that I had a "Courtyard view, but you can't see the courtyard from your room!!!" Thats like having an ocean view and not seeing the ocean. When I asked about a store to purchase wine, I was directed 8 blocks to a store that was already closed. Another front desk person was so excited about a pizza place to recommend me to, and the pizza was AWFUL!!!! I understand that you didn't make the pizza, but your front desk should know where good places to recommend are located. It's almost like your front desk doesn't know the area. There was no mention of my wedding to me or my bride, even after several emails and calls to be sure it was in my reservation. Worst customer service I have ever experienced at a hotel. To top it all off, we had a COMPLIMENTARY stay for the weekend and a $700 hold was put on our credit card. I understand $75 for incidentals, but the other money was now not available for us to enjoy your lovely city. We had plans to buy souveniers for familly members and could not. Thanks for ruining what should have been a great vacation and honeymoon weekend.

Room Tip: Google any answers you need because the front desk staff is CLUELESS!!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Wiliam T.,
We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. Guest Service is our first priority and this is not synonymous with our Service levels. Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss further. Your feedback is very much appreciated. Thank you greatly.

Director of Operations

Been to The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.

Address: 2350 M Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037
#15 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#16 Green Hotel in Washington DC
#19 Family Hotel in Washington DC
#25 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
#31 Business Hotel in Washington DC
Hotel Class:4 star — The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. 4*
Convenient to Georgetown's shops and restaurants, Kennedy Center, Dupont Circle, and the White House, The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. is a refreshing choice for travel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Otel and Venere so you can book your The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Westin Georgetown, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
Westin Hotel Washington Dc
Westin Washington Dc
Washington Dc Westin

If you own or manage The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.