“Very Helpful & Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.

You added The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. to your Saves list
The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2350 M Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #30 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fairfax, Virginia
“Very Helpful & Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I recently held a two day meeting for my company at The Westin Georgetown in Washington, D.C. I was very pleased with the friendly and upbeat attention from the staff. In particular, Enrique Valdes. Mr. Valdes headed the security department and helped me out in a time of need. I had a few items that arrived late the night before my meeting. I needed to access the room in order to get these crucial items in the room to complete the setup. Mr. Valdes helped me out in a very friendly and cheerful manner. Then silly me, accidentally locked myself out of my room later that evening and went to the lobby to seek assistance. Guess who was there? You guessed it, Mr. Valdes! He once again came to my rescue by helping me get back into my room. Once again, in a very friendly manner. It is details like this that make a hotel experience very satisfying and enjoyable. I wanted to point out what an asset Enrique Valdes is to The Westin Hotel establishment. Thank you again Mr. Valdes. Your help was very much appreciated :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear James T.,

It is great to get such specific feedback about our Security Team. It is not offen that I get such detailed comments about them because they usually work hard "behind the scenes".
I look forward sharing your comments with our entire staff. Enrique is a great part of our Team and we are lucky to have him work at the Westin Georgetown. Take good care and thanks again for the notes.

Peter Yeung,
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
New Jersy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed one night-college visits. Beautiful city hotel. Valet parking was ideal. Clean, green (heat only comes on when your room key is inserted on the thermostat), very comfy beds! Front desk very knowledgeable about the area. They called a cab for us to take us to American U. Later we walked back from GWU. Great location with plenty of restaurants in walking distance. Bar was nice, not typical food selections for late night. Wish they would have had a better "pub" selection for snacks. Would stay again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor inside room overlooking courtyard was very quiet!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

First off….WOW! What an incredible night I had at The Westin Georgetown. I can’t thank The Westin Georgetown enough for their wonderful hospitality they gave me for my early birthday celebration! A week prior to my arrival, I received an email from my own personal liaison at the hotel (first time that has ever happened to me!?!) letting me know that she was devoted solely to addressing my needs and was available before, during, and after my stay to assist with any requests. That commitment to service showed throughout the stay.

Upon arrival, my boyfriend and I were amazed of how beautiful the hotel looked. The front desk was very friendly and check-in was a breeze. Best part, check-out was even easier! The lobby was luxurious and not overly busy or noisy.

When we went upstairs, we were shocked by the room! My early birthday celebration was greeted with a handwritten note, chocolate chip cookies that had “Happy Birthday” written across them, and two very nice bottles of waters on the glass coffee table. I had tears in my eyes when I came in the door!

We stayed in the Studio Suite, which was more than nice for one night! The Studio Suite is perfect for a couple or a business traveler seeking extra space. It has an open layout and you can enjoy a peaceful view of the courtyard through the floor-to-ceiling window, which still features a dark curtain when sleeping, while relaxing in the suite’s sitting area with large armchairs, a loveseat, and a glass coffee table that make a comfy setting for watching the flat screen TV (boyfriend enjoyed). The room is very tastefully decorated and features beautiful landscape photographs of Georgetown!

We had unbelievably restful night in the Westin’s Heavenly Bed featuring clean sheets, down blankets, and fluffy pillows which I L-O-V-E-D! The room and floor were very, very quiet.

The spa-like bathroom includes a glass-enclosed rain shower with multiple heads, a HUGE separate soaking tub (I truly wish I tried the tub but we only stayed one night and didn’t have time), wonderful smelling shampoo and conditioner (I kept smelling my boyfriend’s hair after he used the shampoo), and a large bathrobe that provide the finishing touches to a refreshing bathing ritual (embarrassing to say that I have a bathing ritual) that melts tight muscles.

Overall, I had an incredible time! I highly recommend the Westin Georgetown and would stay there again in a heartbeat. Thank you to The Westin Georgetown for your unbelievable hospitality! You really made me feel special celebrating my early birthday celebration.

Room Tip: Studio Suites are perfect for a couple or a business traveler seeking extra space. It has an open la...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed at the Westin as part of a conference I was attending. Apparently it was restaurant week and rather than catering to the needs of weary business travelers, the hotel suspended its regular menus, forcing everyone to order from a pretentious and unsatisfying Prix Fixe menu. Despite a recent renovation, there are no accessible outlets near the bed, making charging cell phones used as alarm clocks impossible. The energy saving light system in my room was faulty but after a long day of conferences, I chose to walk around in a half dark room rather than deal with maintenance. All in all, they've lost sight of what business travelers need for a comfortable and convenient stay.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Guest Jcwine,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I will pass your message to the Restaurants as they are not managed by the Hotel. They are a independent Restaurant group that has leased out the space from the Hotel. In addition, we will definitely look into the power outlet situation with our Engineering team. We do understand the importance of easily accessible power outlets and how frustration it can be if not avaliable. Lastly, we will look into Evolve system in your room and make any neccessary adjustment to it. Thank you again for all your feedback.

Peter Yeung
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel is in pristine shape, which it would have to be to survive in this neighborhood. Room was comfortable, but the thermostat just makes it look like you have control - you can't get the room cooler that 72 no matter how long you leave the AC on.

Biggest fail was front desk - I arrive at 3 and was told my room wasn't ready. OK - it happens. I waited in the lobby for about a half hour (there aren't many places in this hotel to gather or to work/wait) and saw 6 people check in and get rooms. There was a shift change and so I approached the new team and asked if there was progress on my room - they had no idea why I was told I had to wait. They got me a room right away.

The bell staff, the room service staff were both great.

Room Tip: M Street is probably noisier, but most all rooms overlook the side street which is quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Nate B.,

Thank you for your feedback. We were able to look into the check in situation and we apologize about the wait for your room. Additionaly, it sounds like there was some miscommunication during the shift change as well. I have passed on the information to our Front Office Manager. Our rooms have a energy conservation system called Evolve which helps control the room temperature and I have passed on your feedback to our Engineering team to check on it.
Again, thank you for the feedback and we hope your travels brings you back soon.

Peter Yeung
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was GORGEOUS! WE stayed over a weekend during the summer with our infant for a wedding. That said, we had the wedding rate which was greatly reduced.

The hotel staff had a diaper genie and crib there when we checked in. The beds were like clouds. They were prompt with replenishing our towels.

The wedding was absolutely stunning and the staff help pull it off seamlessly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Melrose, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel over Inauguration weekend. Despite what I'm sure was a full house, the staff never ceased to smile, often greeting me by name throughout the day. In over 100 hotel stays last year, this is the first time I've been contacted personally by a member of the staff prior to my stay asking if there was anything I needed and afterward checking in. That commitment to service showed throughout the stay. Very impressive and would stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.

Address: 2350 M Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037
#17 Green Hotel in Washington DC
#18 Luxury Hotel in Washington DC
#23 Family Hotel in Washington DC
#29 Business Hotel in Washington DC
#29 Romantic Hotel in Washington DC
Hotel Class:4 star — The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. 4*
Feel Better when you leave than when you arrived! A short walk or subway ride to The White House, Georgetown's shops and restaurants, the Kennedy Center, and Dupont Circle. The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. Is a refreshing choice for travel! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Starwood, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
The Westin Georgetown, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
Westin Hotel Washington Dc
Westin Washington Dc
Washington Dc Westin

If you own or manage The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.