“Fine Choice For Family Weekend in DC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.

You added The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C. to your Saves list
The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2350 M Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #31 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia
“Fine Choice For Family Weekend in DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I've stayed at several 4 star chain downtown DC hotels over course of the last two years and this past weekend's stay at the Westin Georgetown probably tops them all, First, I was able to secure a rate of $129 per night through Westin's website--great deal. Valet is $40 per day but totally the same at all types of these hotels. Even the Marriott in Woodley Park where parking is not a premium charges $30+. I liked the smaller feel of the Westin. The bellman upon greeting us promptly handed Westin "Kids Club" bags to each of my two tired kids stumbling out of the backseat. Nice sun hats, travel sacks and maps all made for a nice arrival. There are only 8 floors to the hotel and we were placed in a nice double bedded room on the 7th floor which is for SPG guests. Other than free water, I am not sure what this got us but the room, while a bit tight, was totally fine for the price. Typical nice Westin beds, LG flatscreen, Ihome clock radio. But the bathroom was by far the nicest I've seen in DC in a non-five star property. Separate shower and bath was great and a particularly awesome deep soaking tub which had incredible water pressure and heat (same with the shower). Nice service and hot apple cider available at all times was a nice touch. The lack of any coffee access (except a restaurant) outside of what was provided in the room was a disappointment. But there are many great options including Starbucks and a cool market where they make omlettes to order right across the street. Nice new bar inside the restaurant of the hotel. Gym looked great although I did not use (chilled washcloths in a refrigerator a particularly nice touch). The location was pretty good--close to Georgetown (about a mile walk to Wisconsin and M, the property is definitely not in Georgetown) and easy access to the mall. However, this part of DC is a bit boring and the closest metro is five blocks away. In sum though, I liked the smaller size of the hotel, attention to detail like keeping kids happy and the bathrooms were top-notch Four Seasons quality, even in a standard room. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Overall we liked the hotel. Very good location.
The only setback was that we did not have our room done and when we got back at 7:00PM we had to call the housekeeping staff to have them at least change the towels.
People on the entrance were very friendly, especially Deemmis who recommended us a place to have breakfast nearby.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My family and I checked in to find cookies and milk, along with a hand written note from the hotel's "Stay Ambassador", Sloane. Sloane had helped me with some logistics before we even checked in, emailing a week prior to see if we needed any special arrangements, tips, reservations, etc. We corresponded a few times, and Sloane was very helpful.

We were here for a family vacation and the location was pretty convenient. It's a quick walk from the Foggy Bottom metro stop, short walk to Georgetown shops and restarants, and there's a Trader Joe's around the corner, as well as a Whole Foods by the Foggy Bottom metro stop, which all proved convenient.

The hotel room was spacious, even the rollaway bed was comfortable. Other than hallway noise from other hotel guests going to and from their rooms, I didn't hear any noise, so it was pretty quiet. The staff was always helpful with recommendations and making arrangements. They have a nice workout facility and even had bikes they would loan us (none for kids though, so we didn't take them up on that offer).

They have a great energy efficient plan for their rooms, but the downside is you lose control over individual light switches, so the bathroom for instance, either had all the lights on, or none. Not a huge deal though, and I liked they eco-friendly effort. Would definitely stay here again when in the D.C. area!

Great Neck, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We chose this hotel to stay in during parents weekend at George Washington University. It was only a few minutes walk to the campus, and we were also just a short walk into Georgetown. Although the hotel does have parking for about $35 per night, we were able to find a spot BOTH nights on the street nearby. The hotel is very pretty, clean and is located near all the other finer hotels on every corner. The front desk and concierge service were very good. We did have a problem in our room with the air conditioner. The first night we did not use it but the second night it was so loud, it kept waking us up. I did let the front desk know but they did not offer us any compensation. We did call up for a cot as my kids dont like to share a double bed and the cot came almost immediately. The bathroom was very spacious with a private toilet area so more than one person could use it at a time. We did not eat in the hotel at all so I can not comment on that. Over all it was a nice stay. We got an excellent rate per night booking it many months in advance directly with the hotel so it was refundable if needed. I would defintiely come back to this location again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My family and I spent a wonderful weekend at the Westin Georgetown. We were impressed with the hotel and the friendly and attentive service by the entire staff - like Amadou and Haile, who always greeted us with a smile every time! The front desk staff was very helpful with our requests. They sure made us feel welcomed!

• Stayed November 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My family and I really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly and took great care of us. Amadou and Deenny were great and really went above and beyond. My kids had a great time and we never felt out of place. Especially my son, DJ.

• Stayed November 2012
Eastern US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed in the Westin Georgetown for one night in connection with my company's holiday party. The front desk staff and concierge could not have been more welcoming and friendly. At $129 (the negotiated room rate for our party) I felt the value was good for the location. The room was nice, but didn't have some things that are important to me - thus the average rating. I missed having a refrigerator. There was a small chair but I would have liked a more significant chair or sofa to relax in. The room was very dark. I realize they are working hard to be "green" but I could hardly read with the lighting as it was. The bathroom was great with a soaking tub and rainfall shower (separate). Though it may not work for a family as there was no curtain on the tub and the stall had a glass door - so no privacy if someone else is using the sink or passing through to the toilet. My BIG issue was the valet parking. We checked out at noon, which I understand is a busy time. However, after I handed over my ticket and waited a bit one of the valets came over with two keys and paperwork and asked me if one of the cars was mine (it wasn't). I told him what kind of car I had. A few minutes later the experience was repeated by another valet. Finally someone asked me what kind of car I was waiting for, I told him, and 10 minutes later it was brought to me. Bottom line -- I could easily have slipped out in someone else's much nicer vehicle if I'd been so inclined - SCARY. If you do stay here and drive in, be aware that the hotel is VERY hard to spot. The small driveway cuts across the corner of M St and 24th and it's awfully easy to miss.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Peter Y, Manager at The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C., responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Guest Ravyn7,

We are so pleased that you had the opportunity to stay with us during your company's Holiday Party. Thank you for all your feedback. We understand that Refridgators are important to some of our guests and we do provide them upon request. We recognize the importance of proper lighting in the rooms and it is important to us. I will pass on the information to our Engineering team to see how we can improve our in-room lighting. Valet Service is an important part of the services we provide to our guests. I will pass on your comments to our Valet Team to insure that we provide the best Valet service experience to all our Guests. Have a great Holiday Season and thank you again.