“Noisy But Good Food & Drinks” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lincoln - DC is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #148 of 2,562 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Conveniently located near 3 metro stops - Farragut North (Red Line), Farragut West (Blue & Orange), and McPherson Square (Blue & Orange). The closest metro stop is McPherson Square.
Description: From the spirit of freedom in artistic creation, liberation from culinary mediocrity, and emancipation from the ordinary, LINCOLN is an expression of artistic collaborations in gastronomy, mixology and design. Savor our seasonal American small plate menu crafted from fresh ingredients supplied by local & regional farms. LINCOLN pays tribute to one of our greatest US Presidents, with nods to many of his favorite foods including oysters, gingerbread and chicken pot pie. If you’re thirsty for cocktails that are truly one-of-a-kind, our barkeeps, have created one of the city’s freshest bar programs highlighted by mason jars featuring infused bourbons and DC's first moonshine-list served in antique-style copper cups. In warm weather months enjoy our patio offering panoramic views of DC’s urban landscape. Original paintings and a distinctive interior design by homegrown pop artist, Maggie O’Neill make LINCOLN a feast for the senses at Lunch, happy hour, dinner or after dark.
Washington, DC
“Noisy But Good Food & Drinks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

So the noise level is really high, and on't expect to hear a thing someone across the table is saying. The food is small plates to share, and there are some great options: kale salad, Mac n cheese, mushroom beignets. I am also ver fond of their Moscow Mule... Delish.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Baltimore, Maryland
“Different menu and lively atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went here with a large party after seeing a play a Fords Theatre. The food is Tapas style.
We absolutely loved the Brussel sprouts and Kale and the seafood (scallops and salmon) were especially fresh.
Our server was very accommodating and gave us some great recommendations.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leominster, Massachusetts
“Very pricey, VERY loud, good food, average service for automatic 20% tip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Our party of six ate dinner at the Lincoln on a Friday evening. Parking was a bit hard to find, we ended up at a garage on the next block. The place was very crowded and clearly poplular. A lively atmosphere, but the noise level made it almost impossilbe to have a conversation. The waitress tried to push us to order three to four small dishes per person which was way too much food. We settled for two to three dishes and then dessert. The food was interesting and varied. Everyone was able to have something they enjoyed. Many of the dishes were very rich, with heavy sauces. I enjoyed the shrimp and grits. All in all it was enjoyable but I think it is too expensive for what you get, and the noise was a turnoff for our party. A tip of 20% was automatically added, and I am glad I checked the bill because it wasn't pointed out to me and the "tip" portion of the credit card receipt was left blank. I don't think the service merited 20%. I guess this would be a good place to go for a trendy, expensive meal but I don't think we will be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent food, noisy but great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I visited this restaurant for a business working dinner. The wait staff was very attentive but respectful of the professional nature of the meeting. All of the courses, from hors d'oerves to dessert were excellent. The butternut squash bisque was delishious, as was the Atlantic cod entre and the apple crisp and cinnamon ice cream dessert. Even on a Thursday night, the crowd was quite large and everybody seemed to be having a great time (this appears to be the meeting place for local professionals).

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
VATravel36
“Always Busy - Get Past the Noise and Enjoy!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

As I entered this beautiful restaurant, I was not surprised that it was very busy...mostly around the bar, but there were only a couple of tables open as well. I was struck by the decor, very nice and the penny floors (yes the floors are made of pennies - Lincoln pennies). However the complete absence of fabric made the noise level excessively high. It was so bad that for the first 15-20 minutes, including placing our order, was so loud that you could not hear what the waitress was saying or anyone else at the table.
But then came the food...WOW!!!
Small plates to be shared around the table feature the most amazing tastes and preparation that I have experienced in some time. We ordered several items and then re-ordered our favorites (a great way to experience some new dishes without worrying about your taste buds rejecting it) and although I was adventurous, I did forego the bone marrow.
As the Happy Hour crowd departed the noise level became bearable and completely acceptable as we dined on Wild Boar Gnocchi, NY Strip, Short Ribs, Heirloom Carrots, a formal take on Fish and Chips (one of my favorites), and a Kale Salad that was memorable (you have to try this). And don't forget the deviled eggs...I know, how could you possible make deviled eggs special...THEY DO!!
Overall an AWESOME experience and I will return.

• Visited January 2013