“Great private tour of memorials!” 5 of 5 stars

1-202-630-9261
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Tiber Creek Private Tours of DC is the only locally owned and operated company in our nation's capital to offer customized private tours and tour packages by licensed tour professionals and members of the Guild of Professional Tour Guides. That means our standards are unmatched. Your family, friends or company deserve the best and we'll provide you with once-in-a-lifetime memories while you're in Washington, DC.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great private tour of memorials!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Last minute booking for evening tour if DC monuments and memorials. Received immediate return call after email and voice message from Chris. Eric was our guide and filled us with lots of trivia and history!

Visited September 2013
Chris D, Owner at Tiber Creek Private Tours of DC, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Hi Deckwalker,
Thank you so much for writing a review, and so quickly, too! I’m glad we could accommodate you for a last minute booking and that you had such a great time on tour. We’re always happy to set up tours anytime, even at a moment’s notice. I hope you come back soon to see even more of Washington.

Homer, LA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tiber Creek Tours...Awesome experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I had a great time on our tour with Tiber Creek. Our guides Jim and Eric were both fantastic. Both of these guys pointed out things to us that we would have never noticed and have so much knowledge of history, architecture, politics and just plain entertaining facts about the area. We learned so much and saw everything that we had on our itinerary and then some. We initially booked for 2 days with Tiber Creek, but after the 1st day, we decided to book for the rest of the week. The guides and the drivers are super friendly. We didn't waste any time trying to find our way around the city, trying to get tickets or find a place to park. We were picked up each morning at our hotel and dropped off with our guide at the attractions that we had previously decided upon. It was unseasonably hot and having a cool air conditioned automobile with ice cold water waiting for you at the end was so nice. My husband initially thought we could tour the city on our own and wasn't completely onboard for getting a tour guide. He was so pleased with our experience, he has told everyone that that having Tiber Creek show us the city was the best part of the trip. Chris ( the owner) contacted us and dropped by to see us while we were at lunch to meet us and to make sure that we were having a great time and that we were getting to see everything that we wanted to see. Love, Love, Love Tiber Creek Tours. The best money you will spend.

Visited July 2013
Hi JeriNokes,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review, I’m happy you and your husband had an awesome experience on tour with us for the week! It’s wonderful that your husband ended up saying that touring with us was the best part of the trip. We're proud to have two top-notch guides in Jim and Eric—they have years and years of private touring experience and training and they both really know how to make guests happy.

I hope you and your husband come back to D.C. soon!

Levittown, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Thank you Larry!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I are from the Philadelphia area, and for our 41st anniversary I thought it would be nice to spend a long weekend in Washington D.C. My husband, who is a huge history buff, had never been to D.C. and I hadn’t been there since I was 10 years old. It was on our “Bucket List”. I did some research online and decided that Tiber Creek Tours was just what we were looking for in a tour.

I emailed Larry Clarke and he patiently worked with us via email and by phone. He was pleasant and professional to work with. We scheduled a full day tour of D.C. beginning with the walking tour of Arlington Cemetery followed by the Welcome to D.C. Tour.

Our tour certainly exceeded our expectations. Larry was engaging, very knowledgeable and had an enjoyable sense of humor. Larry was also accommodating to our comfort in the July heat. Our driver, Louis, also made our experience enjoyable.

We will definitely recommend Tiber Creek Tours to our family and friends and hopefully my husband and I will return for another tour with Larry.

Visited July 2013
Ardsley, New York
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“The only way to see D.C.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

No matter what interests you, Tiber Creek Tours can make it happen. They provide a knowledgable and super friendly guide as well as driver. There are no lines to wait on, no buses to find, no one but your own family and friends on your own private tour. Chris, the owner, is hands on making sure only the best possible trip will occur. Frank, our guide, was energetic, informative and a genuine gentleman. Ralph, our driver, made sure that we felt like we were royalty. He was so professional, and made sure there was plenty of water and candies! In three short hours we were able to visit and LEARN about the Lincoln, Korean and Vietnam Memorials, the Jefferson Memorial, the White House, Lafayette Square, the World War I Memorial, countless statues, many churches, and ended with the spectacular World War II Memorial! We have pictures and stories that will last a lifetime. Tomorrow we are fortunate enough to be taking another tour of the Arlington National Cemetery, among things! We can not wait. MANY THANK to Tiber Creek.

Visited August 2013
Chris D, Owner at Tiber Creek Private Tours of DC, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Hi Nooproblem,
Many thanks to you for such a great review! I’m so pleased that your tour left you with pictures and stories to last a lifetime. And I can’t think of a better way to describe your guide, Frank: energetic, informative and a real gentleman! And the fact that Ralph made you feel like royalty is wonderful. That’s a great list of sites you were able to see and learn about during your three-hour night tour.

We hope to see you again soon, either in Washington or for a tour of New York City!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day with Tiber Creek Tours!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our family of six had a wonderful tour with Guide Tony and Driver Nick - couldn't ask for a better tour. We covered a lot of ground in 5 hours but never felt rushed and always learned new things even though some of us had toured DC before. Grandson who is 12 especially enjoyed it since Tony knew just how to draw him out. Would highly recommend Tiber Creek tours to have a personalized tour.

Visited August 2013
Chris D, Owner at Tiber Creek Private Tours of DC, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Hi KDK64,
Thank you for such a wonderful review, I’m very happy to hear that you couldn’t have asked for a better tour. I’m also happy that you covered so much ground in five hours without ever feeling rushed. And it's great that your grandson enjoyed the tour so much: like all of our guides, Tony is wonderful with children and really knows how to get children of all ages excited about seeing Washington.

Thanks again for touring with us and we hope to see you again soon!