“Good lunch spot” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #660 of 2,498 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: near archives navy metro station
Rockford, Illinois
“Good lunch spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We were looking for a place near the National Archives to grab a quick lunch and it was in the perfect spot. They have indoor and outdoor seating. It was very hot that day so we chose inside. The service was quick, friendly and they were always there to refill our drinks. I had the tavern club. My son and husband had the french dip. We were in D.C. for a week and had eaten at a lot of different places for lunch. This was our favorite. The food was excellent. I highly recommend this place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Albany, NY
“Third Time NOT a Charm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stopped here for lunch, having been here twice last year. Bad mistake. First, it apparently didn't help that it was the first Sunday of the pro football season. I ordered the chicken sandwich. The chicken was overcooked and tasteless. It didn't help that there was more bread than sandwich ingredients. The one good thing was the tater tots, which cost extra. My huband did enjoy the steak sandwich and my daughter liked the sliders. Our server Allie was proficient, especially through the chaos of the football games.

I was disappointed in the place that I found worth visiting twice when we were in DC last year. Hopefully, when we visit DC again, the food here will have improved.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Great food and sports”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband and I had salmon for $13! It was cooked perfectly with lots of veggies and rice medley. We enjoyed the draft beer and watching the 49ers game, tennis and college football all at the same time. Totally our kind of place.
We enjoyed the fabulous, friendly service as well. We would definitely love to go back.

Visited September 2013
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Good find after a mammoth walk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

After a long hot day enjoying the Washington, D.C. sights we came here for some mid afternoon snacks.

Not looking much from the outside we still decided to give it a try.

We shared nachos and onion rings. The nachos were good but the onion rings a dissapointmemt.

Very good service from a young girl who was really nice.

We would return but would avoid the onion rings!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
London, Canada
“Good sports bar for a quick, reasonable price in downtown DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

After a long and very busy day around Washington DC the family needed a family friendly and low key place for dinner. The Capital Grille wasn't ready for us :-) the service was good and Wednesday night is 50% off pizza night. At $5 for a good size pizza for the kids my wallet said thank-you! My wife had the crap BLT and it was very good plus I had the chilli burger and it was good as well. The place was packed for a Wednesday and the beer specials are good. It is a sports bar and not the Capital Grille but for downtown DC with kids it was just perfect or us.

• 4 of 5 stars Food