“Close but not quite” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: My review: Fantastic and original Crepes, the brunch Crepes were delicious and the price was a lot less than what we thought it would be. Very friendly staff, the food was very European. This place is a must for breakfast!
State College, Pennsylvania
“Close but not quite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stopped in after dinner for sweet crepes and were a bit disappointed. The staff was very nice, but one person received the wrong order and had to have hers remade. My crepe sounded so good, but the apples were almost raw and would have been much better if cooked so they softened up a bit. Now some might not complain but the nutella crepes included SO MUCH of the thick brown stuff that even my child with a terrible sweet tooth thought it was overkill. Maybe the savory crepes are better?? Not sure I would venture in there again to find out.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

pompano beach florida
“Reminiscent of eating a fine chamois clutch purse.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Of course I engender a little guilt in being so harsh. But you know every time I walk on the wild side with crepes be it in Charmoix, Paris (Fr.), Algeria, or exotic Epcot, I come away yearning for more.

Point Chaud Cafe @ 1012 14th St. NW offers 54 - Count 'em - 54 selections, unfortunately prepared ( with the freshest ingredients ) by two gentlemen at only two stations.

"Smith - A party of 65" (us), arrived in staggered lines (post wedding). There are about 30 seats to accommodate the teeming masses. Do the math ... it works, but with difficulty. Beverage orders - also a plethora of choices is, delivery wise, fraught with indecision for both the 1-2 waiters and clients.

I chose "Savory" Sautéed Spinach ( caramelized onions, sun dried tomatoes & herbal feta cheese.) My crepe would make Popeye a strong sailor.

In my next, next life ... I'm opening a Crepe joint. This place is making a fortune.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, GA
“Yum!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I had breakfast here twice during a four day stay in D.C! Just a short walk from our hotel on 14th Street (but not a long enough walk to justify the chocolate banana crepes, but oh, well), it was a fun and delicious way to start the day. On my first day: Spinach/Black Olives/Tomatoes/Artichokes/Feta ($7.95); Second Day: Feta/spinach/mushroom ($6.45). BF got banana chocolate both days ($5.45!) Coffee was good, too! The crepes are just the right consistency and size. Ingredients are fresh. Would definitely go back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Dessert Crepes....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Large selection of crepes ranging from breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert crepes. Great service. The Dessert crepes were the favorite...nutella and banana. Would go back again.

Visited February 2013
Rexford, New York
“Huge selection of awesome crepes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My family and I stopped in one morning for breakfast, looking for something a little different. So happy we did. The crepes were just awesome. For my son, it was his first time having crepes and he was so happy. He gabbled his up. The crepes are a good size with nice, fresh ingredients. All of us enjoyed our meals. They also have great, illy coffee. They also have some other options including muffins for breakfast.

I imagine it's also great for lunch as their crepe menu is gigantic. Desert as well since there are so many sweet ones.

Prices are very reasonable for the amount of food.

• Visited April 2013