To start off Capital View has 2 locations.
I am only reviewing the one located on 301 I Street.
I chose Capital View Hostel based on reviews here on tripadvisor and stayed there in late March for 3 nights and did not know what to expect since I don’t have much hostel experience; but the price was reasonable.
Pros: They have a (no shoe policy) and adopted a great system where you come in and you can store all your shoes. Since the place is carpeted, it reduces the wear-&-tear and even keeps down the back and forth noise from constant foot traffic.
- Hot water with excellent water pressure for a good shower.
- All the common areas: computer room, living room kitchen etc. all well kept.
- Full kitchen! If your trip involves a couple of days, it doesn’t hurt to cook a quick bite and save money.
- Filtered water dispenser for you to refill (endlessly) your water bottles.
- Friendly young professional staff that also stays out of your way making you feel like its your home and feel comfortable.
- The rooms remain warm in the winter
- Clean bed sheets and comfortable bedding (only speaking on behalf of room 9) but I assume the rest of the house is much the same.
- At times its hard to get hold of a staff member. Its usually 1 person who stays there overnight in their own room. But before 10am or after 10pm hard to find someone if you need something.
- Computer connections are slow, but they have wifi and its best to bring your own lab top if you need to be connected, (which can be stored and locked in the locker in your room)
- Showers and bathrooms are moldy. At times you can even smell it.
- Common areas appear tidy, but most of the time lack attention to detail. Example, fridge seems full but that’s because if full of molding food or empty bottles. Couches appear nice until you see a dirty t-shirt or sock covered by a nicely placed pillow. etc..
- Room 9 though clean was stuffy and hard to get any window open.
Hope my review helps you as well.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Capital View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.