“Adequately Nice!” 3 of 5 stars

301 I St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20001   |
Bandung
“Adequately Nice!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I stayed with my 14 peers about a week ago. The location is nice, its about 3 blocks away from the Judiciary Square station, and quite near to the Union Station. I walked to the National Mall as well, so it is quite near. I especially love the rooftop!
The facilitation is adequate, it has wi-fi all over the hotel. It has kitchen and the TV room as well. However, the trash can in the kitchen is rather discomforting, you can smell the pungent smell from a distance. The bathroom is also clean, but maybe a place to hang towels and put bathing needs would be a nice addition to the bathrooms. The rooms are also clean. Maybe a little bit tight for 4 persons, but still "liveable".
Overall, it is adequately nice!

Room Tip: Topmost floor!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bandung, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I stayed there with my other 14 friends and they facilitated us very well. The hostel is clean and i love the tv room+kitchen+free wifi.
Totally recommended for those who wants to stay on DC. Close to chinatown and union station also :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

aim to please ..... they will do what it takes was unsure but everythaing was great !!

Room Tip: no pool ,,,this is d.c.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Portsmouth, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

This hostel was a great place to stay for our mini stay in DC. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the kitchen, bathrooms and room were clean, and we loved the free wi-fi.
The location was great- close to the megabus stop and DC centre.
Our favourite was the rooftop terrace- and loved watching the stars from the hammocks.

I would recommend this place to anyone visiting..not really a party hostel but very friendly and sociable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Kathmandu, Nepal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Passwords need to change. No staff is there after 930m. I gave a crazy lady the room password. She screamed "I don't want to be alone in room with another man only" and she snuck into Room 5. How? Did she have that password code? She was a known screamer from previous visits so why did staff let her back in? it's quiet.. even the prostitutes are quiet. I forgot my code and no one would let me back after 10pm. :P I had to beg through the windows but people ignored me. Sheets Clean!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I don't know why everybody is so hard on this hostel, I found it quite lovable. There have two sites, so I don't know which one those two people stayed at.

I stayed in the one on i street (I think the other one is on O street...) and I totally loved it! You can go in and out at whatever time you want coz the doors have pads where you put the codes they give you and you can enter at any time at night.

The bathroom was very clean! Incredible for a hostel I should say. I stayed on the ground floor, maybe those photos are from the bathrooms uptairs...I don't know. The kitchen is great, it has two huge fridges where you can put your food, cook, wrap and store food, anything you want. They have all kind of utensils. One tip, before buying anything, check the fridges for food items with the tags "FREE" which are things people have left there unfinished or even unused because they didn't have time to finish them (like milk, juice, cereals...anything).

Rooms are just like those in the photos, there are not that many plugs in case you want to charge stuff and there are lockers inside the room, which is always nice. The beds are fairly comfy although maybe too soft for some people. I weigh 240 and slept on the top bunk and slept very well. They clean every morning.

The staff is always there (I don't know why they're saying they're never there...again, it could be the O street site...) and they are very nice. They have a two big livingrooms with three computers for you to use, a cinema screen where you can play xbox or wii or watch TV. The other livingroom has very nice couch, flatscreen, boardgames and is connected to the kitchen.

I'd really like to thank this hostel coz they let me store my bike inside. I rented a bike to tour DC at night and move faster along the National Mall (you should really rent one too if you don't have a lot of time and you want to see a lot of things) and unfortunately they didn't have anywhere safe outside to keep it (like a private parking lot or a garage or something) and the area at night apparently is not the kind of place you'd like to leave a bike outside even with the lock and the security cable around it, so I wanted to keep it safe, and after begging a lil' they let me keep it in the living room (I put the bike upside down on it's handles and the seat so that I wouldn't get the carpet dirty) and everything went fine, so many many thanks to them.

I haven't been to other hostels in DC but I'd truly reccomend this one, it's not that far, it's about 15 min walking distance from Union Station and even less from the Metro so it's situation is nice. The area looks nice and safe, although at night you might not want to go alone through that street (I heard loud music and loittering after coming back around 2am as like in a ghetto, ppl around the car with the music and so on, so I wouldn't like to be alone outside. But that's probably just really into the night, by the day the streets are all wide and well lit in the evening so it's fine.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Shenzhen, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

Last weekend I was in DC and found this hostel. The place is very close to Chinatown and it has to Metro stations about 3 blocks away. I shared my room with 5 other girls. The rooms are big but with no place to place your luggage. Bathrooms were not clean and it didn't even have a chair to put your clothes while taking a shower. The bathroom didn't have soap and a paper towels to clean your hands...anyway, the place has the very basics. It is ok if you just want to sleep plus you have free wireless internet. Another thing was that you are not allowed to use your shoes inside so bring extra socks. I think next time I'll look for a better place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Capital View? Share your experiences!