“My Stay in Washington DC” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking Downtown DC
Ranked #53 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
A TripAdvisor Member
“My Stay in Washington DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I was able to check-in as soon as I arrived. The receptionist was friendly. The next morning I was able to check my bag-in with the front desk while I attended my company seminar, so that I would not have to carry them with me. Upon my departure, my shuttle arrived as scheduled, and hotel staff brought my luggage immediately.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Turkish first
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is a very nice hotel: we had an updated king room with a comfy, firm bed; the larger-than-average bathroom had a granite countertop and and a great shower; new carpets in the room and hallways; nice flat-screen TV with lots of channels; amazingly quick elevators. There is also a very secure feeling here. Not a thing to complain about.

But what we appreciated most here was the level of professional, cheerful service. The desk clerks, the bartender, the omelet chef, the parking valet: all were pleasant and efficient. We had arranged a special party in a conference room and everyone involved (Steve in Sales, Gigi from the bar, Keith from facilities) was easy to deal with, followed through with every request, and was polite and professional.

A couple warnings: there is a lot of road construction going on in the area, so it's not easy to get to by car. And the capitol really is still over a mile away. Also, there's a noisy dance club across the street, with the noise only getting started at midnight.

We will definitely remember this hotel for our next trip to DC.

Room Tip: The front of the hotel gets the noise of the night club--with no view to speak of.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
668DavidD668, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear agoneil,

Thank you for your positive 5-Star review – and most of all for detailed feedback about some of our team members. We read every Trip Advisor Review with our staff, and we appreciate such recognition more than you know! Your kudos will be shared with those you mentioned by name.

Your advice about the club is good. 95% of our rooms are situated in such a way that they are never bothered. But we do have one tier of rooms that faces towards the club. We try to keep those empty on weekends, but if it is a busy weekend, or our guest has reserved a suite – we must occupy those rooms. And good news about the road construction…. they tell us it will be completed by the end of March!

Thank you again for your review, and we hope to see you in DC again soon,

Best regards,

Monroeville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

This hotel was clean, very close to the metro and the staff was wonderful, very professional and helpful. You get more than what you pay for when you stay here. The adjustable beds were a nice touch. We slept like babies, it was quiet and peaceful. There are restaurants and coffee shops close by as well.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Complimentary tea, coffee, newspapers. Firm bed. Handy breakfast room well priced for meetings. Good prices. Close to union station. Fitness center. Pool. Lovely staff. Handy supermarket and Starbucks. Nice happy hour. Seven dollar wine by glass during happy hour. Free wifi and business center.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Markham, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My friend and I went for the weekend to Washington DC. Bad Idea. Hotel was clean, however its in really sketchy area and super grungy. There is a TD Bank so good for people coming from Canada, a Harris Teeter, saved us on the alcohol situation and a ghetto club across the street. The front desk people were kind of incompetent - the sure don't don't know what hospitality means. The maids and the servers at the restaurant were exceptional. Compliments to the chef at the restaurant, he prepared one delicious meal. All in all it was an OK experience nothing exceptional. Being a Gold member I got free breakfast which was pretty nice. Really nice looking hotel except stay away if you don't want to be in that kind of area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear bornTOtravel88,

Ouch… “mediocre” is not what we’re striving for. Sounds like you traveled all the way from Canada to stay with us, and I am sorry we failed to delight you. Thank you for the kind words about our Housekeeping staff and servers in the restaurant. We appreciate that, but… it sounds like we have some opportunity for improvement at the front desk. My email address is below if you wish send me a few lines with specifics about what happened. We take your feedback seriously and will certainly try to avoid disappointing in the future.

Thank you for being a loyal Hilton Honors Gold member, and I do hope you will give us another opportunity to “wow” you the next time you’re in DC!

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This was a comfortable hotel for our 2 night stay. Our room had a microwave which was great as we had the choice buying ready made meals at the hotel or at the supermarket on the corner. This helped as there were not many places to eat in the evening as this is mostly a business area and it shuts down at night. This never bothered us much as we had an busy day sightseeing so we could come back to our room and relax. The breakfast was great and staff were friendly and helpful. There was a subway station around the corner and it was easy to hop on the train and catch it to Union Station where from there we could catch the Hop on Hop off sightseeing bus. Staff were friendly and helpful and organised us a cab back to the airport when we needed it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This review is really 3.5 stars. Spent two nights in a high-level suite for a wedding. The room was really large, modern, clean and well appointed. We had separate living and bedroom areas (both with TVs), a bar area with a fridge and microwave, and more than plenty of room for two people. The bathroom was standard but clean. We were on the 8th Floor but could hear intermittent music from the club down the street. I also saw the standard rooms and would urge you to upgrade to a suite if you can swing it - much more spacious, especially if traveling with family.

My only gripe is that upon booking (for an entire bridal block), I was told that a continental breakfast was included in our rate, but when my boyfriend went down to eat, he was told it wasn't included. I was too busy helping the bride to get this sorted out, so he grabbed a bite at one of the local spots by the hotel. Easy remedy, but annoying nonetheless. We also realized that the front desk failed to deliver the wedding welcome packages to some of the bride's guests (there appeared to be no rhyme or reason to this), so the bridal party took over this task.

I lived in DC for years and I'm not particularly fond of the hotel's location (somewhat desolate) but it's nice to have the Harris Teeter next door in case you want to bring drinks or sacks back to the room (fridge provided) because the hotel bar closes fairly early. Overall, a nice, clean hotel that's within walking distance from Union Station, but I probably wouldn't stay again unless I came across an extraordinary deal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sperraz,

Thank you for your thorough and balanced review… I am glad we made it to 3.5 stars! But I do apologize for the mix up with breakfast. I can’t be sure what happened there without more specific information. We do have a “bed and breakfast” package which includes breakfast each day – but it is not an automatic thing for all guests - - and I am not sure exactly what was contracted for this particular wedding group. And I am very sorry that you did not receive the group welcome amenity – that is not acceptable, and if you would contact me I would appreciate more details so I can figure out what happened- so we can avoid a repeat in the future.
Thanks again for your review, and I do hope you will give us the opportunity to climb up to 5 stars on your next trip to town!

david.del.russo@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol? Share your experiences!