“Excellent choice for getting around DC” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking Downtown DC
Ranked #48 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
New Jersey
“Excellent choice for getting around DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This hotel is located about 6 blocks (easy walk) north of Washington Union Train Station, and 2 short blocks from the NoMA / Galaudett Metro station.

The hotel is clean, modern in its amenities, quiet, and convenient. It has the feel of a very good European hotel. An on-premises restaurant serves a great breakfast.

Rooms are well appointed, the staff is knowledgeable and helpful in all respects.

Great location if traveling to DC on business as well as an excellent place to start and end a day of sightseeing in the capital.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the inside part of the building (even numbered rooms). All rooms are quiet. The...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

600 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Turkish first
OC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Very nice quiet hotel in the City center. Great beds, TV and channel lineup, good shower, nice breakfast and very courteous staff. The Food and Service at B. Smith's at the Historic Train Station and The District Chop House were both excellent.

Room Tip: Great central location plus a very nice large grocery store next door.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Middle Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I recently stayed here and instantly fell in love with the property. I had looked it up online before I booked it but the pictures do it no justice. This hotel is out of this world beautiful!! Plus, it lies in the heart of DC near the best attractions. On top of it being a beautiful property, the service i received was amazing! Everyone was very hospitable, warm, welcoming, and friendly. Also, before I arrived I had been corresponding with the sales coordinator Lois Evan. She is true gem and asset to your property!! She was very professional, accomodating, and patient during our correspondence. I had many questions and she was right there to answer them. She also played a huge part in me choosing this porperty. Lois, is definitely a model employee and you guys are ever so lucky to have her.

Let me not forget to talk about the breakfast. The breakfast was out of this world!! My friends and I made it our business to have breakfast. The wait staff was great and right there whenever we needed them. Everything about this property from the location, to the staff, to the food, and the ambiance made my stay every penny worth staying. Every time I come to DC I will only stay at this property. There's nothing like receiving 5 star service and it being delivered across the board from the beginning to end.

THIS IS TRULY THE GREATEST PLACE ON EARTH!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Rich L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
HI Cathy,

I'm so excited after reading your enthusiastic review! I'm so glad we made your experience unforgettable and that Lois went above and beyond to take care of you. She is a true assett and we are very lucky to have her on our team! We hope to see you again soon when you return to Washington.

Anthony McKitrick
Assistant General Manager
Lake Jackson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This hotel is in the booming NoMa district, so staying in a neighborhood has its perks with a grocery store and Starbucks on the same street. The Metro is a short walk away, and it is very close to Capitol Hill. This was my second stay here, and the staff are very nice and are attentive to any issues that arise. I travel to DC a lot and this is by far my favorite place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
McHenry, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights while in DC. The location is pretty good. I walked to the mall and surrounding sites everyday and it wasn't bad. It is a lot of walking but as long as you have a good pair of gym shoes, you'll be fine. Plus I crammed a lot of site seeing in those 3 days so I think I walked more than most would. The service was fantastic. I arrived an hour before check in but they gave me a room right away. The first night, I had a hard time sleeping as the bed was very soft. I talked to the front desk and they said the bed was adjustable which I didn't know or see anything in the room to tell me that. But the front desk gave me a voucher for breakfast and to my surprise, when I got back to my room, there was a tray of cheese, crackers, and fruit waiting for me. The next two nights were much better as I adjusted the bed to my liking. I was on the second floor in an inner room away from the street. It was quiet, spacious and the room was clean. Pretty basic but not bad. There was a microwave which was handy to reheat leftovers. An in room safe would have been nice but they do have one at the front desk you can use. This hotel was the least expensive one within walking distance to everything and I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and service. I was very satisfied with my stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Loved this hotel. I was planning my 10 year high school reunion from across the country and setting up a room block for my classmates to be able to stay in DC to encourage them to stay the night and not drive back to the suburbs after the reunion fun. Not only is the Hilton brand new and gorgeous, the hotel was right across the street from the venue & very affordable. Lois, the sales manager at the Hilton, made it easy for many classmates to make the decision to stay the night! She offered a very competitive rate (the Marriott which is an older hotel and would have been further from our reunion venue quoted me significantly higher!) and her customer service was awesome. Being the organizer of the event there was a lot of pressure to make sure things ran smoothly and I can't thank Lois and the friendly staff at the hotel for making the booking process easy for our classmates (she even extended the room rate for us for an extra week since some were procrastinating to book!) and in turn making me look good.

I got several compliments from my classmates how great of a stay they had at the hotel and I personally really enjoyed my lovely suite (complete with not just 1 flat screen TV, but 2) and I loved the business center, which came in handy on the day of my event since I needed to print out the most updated guest list, etc. (all for free of course). Definitely a must stay, walking distance to the metro and close to sightseeing. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Corner suite with a view of Ibiza nightclub was awesome - big city feel but still quite when you nee...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Port Ludlow, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Perfect location--1 mile walk to the Capitol grounds, 1 block to Metro. Very nice, new facility with great staff. This newly renovated area offers D.C. travelers a convenient hotel with a huge modern grocery store next door, a Starbucks across the street, and a straight short walk to Union Station. LOVED it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol? Share your experiences!