“Great location and Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking Downtown DC
Ranked #48 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
Lake Jackson, Texas
“Great location and Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

This hotel is in the booming NoMa district, so staying in a neighborhood has its perks with a grocery store and Starbucks on the same street. The Metro is a short walk away, and it is very close to Capitol Hill. This was my second stay here, and the staff are very nice and are attentive to any issues that arise. I travel to DC a lot and this is by far my favorite place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

501 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
McHenry, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights while in DC. The location is pretty good. I walked to the mall and surrounding sites everyday and it wasn't bad. It is a lot of walking but as long as you have a good pair of gym shoes, you'll be fine. Plus I crammed a lot of site seeing in those 3 days so I think I walked more than most would. The service was fantastic. I arrived an hour before check in but they gave me a room right away. The first night, I had a hard time sleeping as the bed was very soft. I talked to the front desk and they said the bed was adjustable which I didn't know or see anything in the room to tell me that. But the front desk gave me a voucher for breakfast and to my surprise, when I got back to my room, there was a tray of cheese, crackers, and fruit waiting for me. The next two nights were much better as I adjusted the bed to my liking. I was on the second floor in an inner room away from the street. It was quiet, spacious and the room was clean. Pretty basic but not bad. There was a microwave which was handy to reheat leftovers. An in room safe would have been nice but they do have one at the front desk you can use. This hotel was the least expensive one within walking distance to everything and I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and service. I was very satisfied with my stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Loved this hotel. I was planning my 10 year high school reunion from across the country and setting up a room block for my classmates to be able to stay in DC to encourage them to stay the night and not drive back to the suburbs after the reunion fun. Not only is the Hilton brand new and gorgeous, the hotel was right across the street from the venue & very affordable. Lois, the sales manager at the Hilton, made it easy for many classmates to make the decision to stay the night! She offered a very competitive rate (the Marriott which is an older hotel and would have been further from our reunion venue quoted me significantly higher!) and her customer service was awesome. Being the organizer of the event there was a lot of pressure to make sure things ran smoothly and I can't thank Lois and the friendly staff at the hotel for making the booking process easy for our classmates (she even extended the room rate for us for an extra week since some were procrastinating to book!) and in turn making me look good.

I got several compliments from my classmates how great of a stay they had at the hotel and I personally really enjoyed my lovely suite (complete with not just 1 flat screen TV, but 2) and I loved the business center, which came in handy on the day of my event since I needed to print out the most updated guest list, etc. (all for free of course). Definitely a must stay, walking distance to the metro and close to sightseeing. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Corner suite with a view of Ibiza nightclub was awesome - big city feel but still quite when you nee...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Port Ludlow, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Perfect location--1 mile walk to the Capitol grounds, 1 block to Metro. Very nice, new facility with great staff. This newly renovated area offers D.C. travelers a convenient hotel with a huge modern grocery store next door, a Starbucks across the street, and a straight short walk to Union Station. LOVED it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was our first stay at the Hilton Garden Inn and we were there for only 1 night. We were moving our daughter in to a school a few blocks away so the location was convenient for us. The Harris Teeter grocery store was right next door and the metro was a block or two away. We were pleasantly surprised to find our room was ready even though we arrived an hour earlier than our requested early check in time...great first impression. We found the staff to be extremely helpful and polite. The room size was good and was very clean. Plenty of space for all of our luggage. We stayed in a room in the back of the hotel that we had requested based on advice from reviews on this site and we were very glad we did. Even in the back of the hotel, we did hear a bit of noise from the nightclub across the street around 2 am. The beds were firm, but comfortable enough. We did request tissues and an extra pillow from the front desk. Housekeeping arrived quickly, within 15 minutes, with a pillow but toilet paper instead of the requested box of tissues. Front desk misunderstood our request. Breakfast buffet the next day was good..plenty of choices and efficient service. We can't speak about the other amenities since we didn't have time to utilize them (i.e. pool, fitness center, restaurant). We did not dine at the restaurant in the hotel as we had dinner reservations elsewhere. All in all, we were very satisfied with our stay and are planning a return visit this spring.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor in the back of the hotel on the weekend nights when the nightclub i...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Clean and good service at a good price. Location is in a great spot and wifi was fast and easy to connect to. I would recommend this hotel to other business travelers. Bathroom light was in a funny spot but I found it. A lot plugs on desk and bedside so I didn't have to move furniture to find outlets.

• Stayed January 2013
Lake Forest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The area is new and the only drawback is that there are limited choices for dining within walking distance. The Metro is around the corner and the area seems safe. The restaurant has a great breakfast buffet. The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful with few exceptions.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol? Share your experiences!