I stayed here for 3 nights while in DC. The location is pretty good. I walked to the mall and surrounding sites everyday and it wasn't bad. It is a lot of walking but as long as you have a good pair of gym shoes, you'll be fine. Plus I crammed a lot of site seeing in those 3 days so I think I walked more than most would. The service was fantastic. I arrived an hour before check in but they gave me a room right away. The first night, I had a hard time sleeping as the bed was very soft. I talked to the front desk and they said the bed was adjustable which I didn't know or see anything in the room to tell me that. But the front desk gave me a voucher for breakfast and to my surprise, when I got back to my room, there was a tray of cheese, crackers, and fruit waiting for me. The next two nights were much better as I adjusted the bed to my liking. I was on the second floor in an inner room away from the street. It was quiet, spacious and the room was clean. Pretty basic but not bad. There was a microwave which was handy to reheat leftovers. An in room safe would have been nice but they do have one at the front desk you can use. This hotel was the least expensive one within walking distance to everything and I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and service. I was very satisfied with my stay and would stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Washington Dc/Us Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Hilton Garden Inn Washington Dc/Us Capitol Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Downtown Washington, DC, the new 13-story Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/U.S. Capitol is in a prime location just one metro rail stop from Union Station - the transportation hub of our nation's capital and home to Amtrak. We are located just one block from the New York Ave/Florida Ave/Gallaudet University red line metro station. Guest rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/U.S. Capitol showcase a modern décor, which include the cutting-edge Garden Sleep System®, which features bedding of 100% New Zealand virgin wool, a mattress that adjusts to the contours of your body, and a dial that can adjust the firmness of your mattress. Your guest room at our Capitol Hill hotel also features complimentary high-speed internet access - both wired and wireless, a high-definition LCD television, a Herman Miller ergonomic chair and a modern work desk. For our in-room dining, take advantage of room service from our exclusive in-house restaurant, Todd Gray Watershed, featuring fresh eastern seaboard seafood offerings such as new England Clam Chowder, po boys with oysters from Virginia, and lobster rolls from Maine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.