The Hilton Garden Inn is not a typical hotel we would stay in while in a large city but we choose it for location between Verizon Center and Fedex Field and with being unfamiliar with the area that was our basic criteria. We are Diamond Member with Hilton so it seemed like a good bet.
We pulled up front of the hotel, 4pm Friday November 2nd and were greeted right away by the guys working the door (bell men) and the Valet. They had our luggage on the cart and my car whisked away in less than 5 minutes. The lobby is small but very clean and fresh. They have drinks and cookies available. Also a small "store" for you to purchase food for your room.
Overall we found the front desk staff to be unhelpful. I was surprised each time. Perhaps it was a bad weekend but that didn't affect our time there. The guys on the door were always ready to get you a taxi, hold the door or answer questions and very friendly. The restaurant and cleaning personnel were great! Big smiles and welcomes.
Our room on the 13th floor had 2 queen beds, a big desk and a small chair and table area. It was a perfect room for our needs this trip. We had free wifi and breakfast with our offer. We found the breakfast to be very good. Omelets, pancakes, waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal and fruit.. much more too.
Outside the hotel is a night club Ibiza but we never saw or heard anything from it. This hotel is in an up and coming area. A nice grocery store next to it where I got bathsoaps, wine and snacks.. (good mix)...lol
On the other side is a POTBELLY Deli.. We had really great sandwiches there too.
This is a good hotel. Most importantly clean, safe and offers a great value.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Washington Dc/Us Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Hilton Garden Inn Washington Dc/Us Capitol Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Downtown Washington, DC, the new 13-story Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/U.S. Capitol is in a prime location just one metro rail stop from Union Station - the transportation hub of our nation's capital and home to Amtrak. We are located just one block from the New York Ave/Florida Ave/Gallaudet University red line metro station. Guest rooms at the Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/U.S. Capitol showcase a modern décor, which include the cutting-edge Garden Sleep System®, which features bedding of 100% New Zealand virgin wool, a mattress that adjusts to the contours of your body, and a dial that can adjust the firmness of your mattress. Your guest room at our Capitol Hill hotel also features complimentary high-speed internet access - both wired and wireless, a high-definition LCD television, a Herman Miller ergonomic chair and a modern work desk. For our in-room dining, take advantage of room service from our exclusive in-house restaurant, Todd Gray Watershed, featuring fresh eastern seaboard seafood offerings such as new England Clam Chowder, po boys with oysters from Virginia, and lobster rolls from Maine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.