“Fabulous!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fabulous!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I stayed here about 2 weeks ago. The service was impeccable!!! I was lost, called
the hotel and the gentleman stayed on the phone with me until I made it to the hotel!
The rooms were fabulous! The neighborhood was great!! This is my hotel choice while in DC!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Turkish first
Kildare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I stayed here recently and I can't recommend the hotel highly enough. As a former hotel Manager I expect certain things from a hotel. This place met every expectation I had. Beautifully new, the lobby is well appointed. We were greeted by a receptionist ( I think his name was Cedric, apologies if I have your name wrong sir) and he was most friendly and informative. A good start. The room was exquisite. Two large beds with mattresses that you could adjust to your own prefered level of firmness. A mini fridge, a microwave, tea/coffee facilities, free wi-fi, it was like a home from home. Cleanliness was faultless. I can only offer my sincere thanks and congratulations to the owners and staff of this new hotel. I feel positive that it will grow in popularity, and deservedly so.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the front of the hotel. The Ibiza Nightclub can be noisy.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

This Hilton hotel is brand new, and is full of pleasant surprises. The staff on arrival were very friendly and efficient but as we were early, our room was not yet available, so we dropped our bags and started our exploring of Washington DC.

The room was available on our return and after spending a few days in new York, our expectations were exceeded. The room was large, the mattress had a softness control which we immediately set to the softest setting and were then assured a good nights sleep.

The room also featured air conditioning, a fridge, a microwave, and tea and coffee making facilitates.

Breakfast was included in the very reasonable rate of $189 a night plus taxes. We stayed for 2 nights and each day, the regular breakfast supplies were there, as well as a couple of changes to provide variety during your stay. The restaurant was also attractive and welcoming.

In the foyer, there is a mini store, where you can purchase microwave ready meals, and a multitude of snacks and other essentials - a great idea.

We ate out both nights, so I cannot comment on if there was any evening meal options available.

A metro station is also just 5 minutes easy walk away to take you into the city and all of the sights.

There was only one bad point about our stay. The express check out was smooth, but the parking charges subsequently added to our bill (valet only $30 night plus tax) were messed up. We had one car between us and our friends, so we wanted to share the cost of parking, one day each. The parking attendant messed it all up, adding 3 days parking to my bill, and one day to our friend. For some reason he was unable to grasp the fact that there was only one car, not two. Upon request, they then removed one of the three days instead of two, so have to ask them again to remove the excess charge.

Room Tip: Check your bill on departure as finding an email address for customer service is very hard, and a ph...
Davenport, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I had to travel for business during the week then my husband flew in and we stayed for a long weekend. This HGI was wonderful! Nice sized rooms, clean, helpful & friendly staff (all staff not just the front desk). One of my favorite things was the restaurant list they provided. Since this is a "new neighborhood" there are very few dinner locations and having the metro just around the corner made it incredibly easy to navigate the city. We were out at night and always felt safe. The Harris Teeter was great! I’m from the West Coast and had never shopped this grocery store before but it came in handy since there is a mini fridge in the room. I would recommend this hotel and it’s location to anyone! (Full disclosure my husband works for a HGI so we’ve stayed in many Hilton hotels and this rates among the top!)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
IceGurlie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband and I spent one night at this brand new hotel when we were in the area on business. I selected it because we have both stayed at Hilton Garden Inns elsewhere (Phoenix and Savannah) and have loved the accommodations and amenities. When I saw there was a brand new HGI close to my conference with reasonable rates, I was excited to try it.

We arrived around 3 pm on a Sunday afternoon, turned over the keys for valet parking, and quickly checked into our room. We were immediately greeted by the gentleman at the front desk, who was very helpful and gave us directions to the nearby Metro stop (only one block to the red line). Our room was comfortable and clean, the two things I care about most. We love having a refrigerator and microwave in the room. Both were helpful when we had leftovers from dinner that night.

Some amenities we used were the bar area in the hotel (Todd Gray's Watershed, which I reviewed separately), the high speed internet, and the fitness center. The internet worked well and it's always a pleasure to receive complimentary wi-fi, rather than getting nickle and dimed by hotels that charge for it. The fitness center was small, but it had a decent selection of new cardio machines and weights. My only complaint was that they were out of sanitary wipes to clean off the machines and no employees stopped by to replace them during my hour+ visit. I could see the pool from the gym and though I didn't use it, it looked like a nice place for a quick dip.

The valet was very prompt in bringing the car when we needed it. We were told to call down to the front desk five minutes before we needed to leave and sure enough, it pulled up to the curb as we were walking through the lobby the next morning. Every staff member we encountered, from guest services to housekeeping, was pleasant and helpful. Jonathan at valet took good care of our vehicle.

We won't hesitate to stay at this property again the next time we are in DC. Though it's not right downtown, it's easily accessible via the Metro and it saved us the headache of driving further into the city. Hopefully it retains its positive attitude and newness!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

We (my wife and I and a neighbor couple) visited Washington DC for a long weekend to visit the sites of the city. I'm a Hilton Honors member however we selected this property due to the reasonable cost as well. The hotel is new so everything is nice and fresh. The breakfast's were great every morning. The location is in an area that is being revitalized and thriving. We got around mainly via the Metro system. There was a Metro station about a block away which was very convenient. Although the above made this hotel an enjoyable experience, the best was the staff. The staff were all great, from the servers/attendants in the restaurant to the bell and doormen to the front desk staff, no matter what time or hour of the day. They were all upbeat, friendly, courteous, and responsive to any need or question we had. You really got the sense that they truly enjoyed working there and enjoyed serving their clientele to the max. I would definitely recommend staying there.

My thanks to the wonderful staff there.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
uscapitolgm, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Good Day! I am very appreciative that you took a moment to tell about your great experience at our hotel. I am very lucky to have such an amazing team that provides excellent service. We look forward to seeing your family on your next trip to Washington!

Rich Lingenfelter
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a very pleasant week in early September. We found the hotel to be clean, comfortable, with good sized guest rooms and very well positioned within a block of the user friendly metro.

By far the hotel's greatest asset though is its staff. Without exception they were helpful, friendly and considerate.

Room Tip: As usual in city hotels, the higher the better.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Hello! I am so happy to hear how impressed you were with our staff! Everyone on the team works very hard at WOWing guests and it shows. Please come back again soon!

Hospitably,