“Great 4 fast food” 4 of 5 stars

Description: phone 202.656.3794
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great 4 fast food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We had planned to eat at Oyamel, but the wait was 1 hour +... we found Merzi as an alternative. The food was a mix of good flavors, healthy and quick. I ate the rice, loaded-on the veggies and warm medium sauce. My son has the warm hot (spicy) sauce and it was not so spicy that it distracted from the food--either option was good. We added the Naan for good measure. The restaurant was a little unkept, but I am picky and it was acceptable.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Fast Indian food that's delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant after not being able to get into one of our favorite restaurant down the street.
The restaurant runs similar to the way Chipotle does. We ordered the rice and curry, bread and the lassi's. Everything was delicious. Indian food in the US usually dissapoints but not here. This Indian thinks this place is a hit!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Oregon
“Eat Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Excellent taste value and service. $11 for a delicious plate of food and a Mango Fantango. The service was fast and the stereo light rock was old. Perfect.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We almost turned around and left when we got here: we had expected a sit-down restaurant (I forget who had told us about it), and didn't expect a very brief menu on the wall with two small counters. But it was raining, we were tired and hungry, so my husband said we should give it a try. And we were very glad we did. My husband got a bit better service than I did: the young person who helped me wasn't very coherent and I couldn't understand half of what he told me. But once I saw what my husband got (better than mine), they let me add a few things to my bowl. I'll know better next time how to order.

But I have to say: one of the best parts of the whole lunch experience was the gelato place (Pitango) next door that then cooled off our palates from the spicy food. It was a great combination!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Quick, delicious, healthy & affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Merzi has a Chipotle-style structure where you go through the line, pick the base, meat, toppings, sauce, etc. They outline all the calories as well. This is one of the only places in Penn Quarter where you can get a bite to eat without a wait! We eat here before a movie or play when we're short on time. Quick delicious Indian food!

Visited May 2013