“Perfect Steak” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 2,562 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Greek
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 6th Street
Transit: National Archives Metro Stop
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located on the corner of 6th and Pennsylvania.
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
“Perfect Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband is a food snob and he loves Cap Grill. Food and service never let you down. The waiters know when you need them and know how to vanish when you don't.

Visited February 2013

Montreal, Canada
“Quick service good pasta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Arrived there around 7h30 pm with colleague. We were seated within one minute, the order which was made up of suggestions from the waiter was taken within five minutes and food came ten minutes later. Two fair sized orders of pasta; the price was reasonable for DC

Visited February 2013
Huntington Beach, California
“Classic Steakhouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We walked by this restaurant on our way to the News Museum. The aged meat in the window caugh my eye. We returned after the museum closed. We were seated quickly even though we did not have a reservation. The restaurant filled up quickly. The service was excellent. The food was great. I shared a 14 oz steak ($42), Sam's mashed potatos ($10), salad ($9) and green beans ($10). I was full. This a good choice for a steak.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seven Corners, Virginia
“Great Valentine's Dinner Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I wanted to take my "SO" somewhere special and this place is highly praised on TripAdvisor. I made reservation over their website and was able to secure a 10:30pm seating. The fact that the place is closing at 11:00pm had me worried a little, but after a quick phone call they re-assured me that we would have as much time as we like to enjoy our dinner and nobody's going to start vacuuming while we're still there. :)
We arrived 20 minutes prior to our reservation time, but were promptly seated without any wait. The interior is stunningly decorated and is an enjoyment in itself. The walls are full of wine bottles and, coincidentally, their wine list is encompassing bottles ranging from $40's to several hundred dollars worth. I found a bottle of my favorite 2009 Napa valley Merlot which was an excellent start.
Next, we ordered a couple of french onion soups. These were above average, but not excellent. There was something weird about a baguette in it, if that was a baguette at all. For the main course we got us dry aged porter house and au poivre steaks which were absolutely delicious and quite huge. Beware, that they do not come with any sides, not that it's needed. For desert we chose a couple of irish-coffee-like beverages.
As a Valentine's bonus my date got a rose and a small box of chocolates. A charming closure to a wonderful dinner. I gladly left a generous tip on this $200 dinner and will be sure to keep The Capital Grille, DC on the top of my list.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Patchogue, New York
“Excellent Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had an excellent meal. Service was also excellent. Flavorful steaks and sauces, lobster mac and cheese was delicious, butter poached lobster was FANTASTIC, and wine selection was great. We had a long, enjoyable meal. I wil be back!

• Visited January 2013